Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot cannot be created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inspection lot cannot be created

Message no. QA317

Diagnosis

It is defined for material 120042 in plant M001, that a new inspection lot should be created if a source inspection is rejected. In the inspection setup for the material, no inspection type is active for this goods receipt.

hi all ,

my question

PO was created on the month of April for a material of qty 500 KG and GR done for 450 KG on the same month.

now for this month (July) i am trying to do GR for the same PO number but when saving i am getting an error message

" inspection lot cannot be created " Message no. QA317

for this material actually some quantity was rejected last week and moved to blocked stock with 344 mvt type

and from MM team this material has been sent back to vendor ( this PO number was different )

why i am getting error massage and how to do GR for the remaining 50 qty and also inspection lot to be generate....

regards

Manjunath hn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No offense to the people who have replied, but why are we still responding to a question that was posted over a week ago, had numerous responses from numerous people, but the OP has failed to check in or respond in any way?

He has failed to acknowledge anyone's replies or indicate if he has checked any of the suggestions.

He's provided no additional information or no indication that he still cares about this.  If it's resolved he hasn't come back to close it.

We need to stop this kind of stuff.  Unless something has happened to him personally, (i.e. physical injury, fired from project, etc..), he really should apologize to all of you.

FF

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath

Check the setting of  control key you have assigned  in QM View of that material.  Either change the setting for GR for Rejection or Asisgn 01 inspection type in QM View of that Material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manjunath,

Please check in QI02 with enter material, vendor and plant combination.

QI02 --> Tab : Insp. control --> Vendor source inspection --> Source inspection = 01.

if not than please maintain it.

Sandip

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

Please check are u maintain any Release date & Qty in Q-info (QI01) for that material.

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manjunath,

Check if inspection type 01 is active in material master QM view.

If not, check by activating the same.

Kindly also go through:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1945834

Best Regards,

Rajen

gyanaranjan_rout
Contributor
0 Kudos

Diagnosis
It is defined for material & v1 & in plant &v2&, that a new inspection lot should be created if a source inspection is rejected. In the inspection setup for the material, no inspection type is active for this goods receipt.

System Response
Inspection lot &v3& was rejected and no new inspection lot can be created. As a result, the goods receipt for this purchasing document item is not possible.

Procedure
Delete the material document item if you want to post the other items for the material document as a goods receipt. You must activate an inspection type for the goods receipt to post the goods receipt for this purchasing document item.

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Manjunath,

Please check the qi01 (quality infi record)-inspection control-vendor source inspection.

Is it consist the 01 value.

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If it consist 01 or 101 then, in material master activate inspection type 01 or 101. This will solve your problem.