cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Login / Logout Page issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy to all,

i'm  struggling a bit with the login and logout page of SAP Fiori.

1. The logon/launchpage behavior is a bit strange at our landscape: sometimes  a popup for login is displayed and sometimes  the „real“ launch page (with background image and so on) shows up . Does anyone of  you have  ideas what causes this behavior?  (see attached files "login1" and "login2")
  2. A similar strange issue i do have for the logout procedure. Currently most of the time this is the page you reach after logging off from SAP Fiori: But sometimes i can see the “right” logout page which is  a fiori-style-popup window which says: you are logged off – and the login popup appears again. (see attached file "logout").

Does anyone have an idea which configuration leads to that issues?

BR

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to check Logoff page customization in SICF node.

Go to /default_host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/launchpage

Go to Error pages tab -> System logon

Click on configuration

You can see Logon layout and procedure. You can check Custom Implementation and provide abap class as : /UI2/CL_SRA_LOGIN

Regards,

Tejas

0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

This is already maintained.

Regards,

Yuvraj

0 Kudos

I have found out the solution for this.

1. Login to Fiori ECC system having proper authorization.
  2. Execute transaction SCIF and go to node /sap/public/bc/icf/logoff
  3. Once the service loads,  navigate to Error Pages->Logoff Page->Redirect to URL. Click on the pencil icon on the top left screen and enter the redirection URL as /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/Fiorilaunchpad.html
  4. Click on Save button to save your entries.
  5. After clicking on Save button, the wizard will prompt for credentials. The password entry needs to be made here to complete this implementation.

Regards,

Yuvraj

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I am also facing the same issue with the logoff page on Fiori. Could you please let me know how you resolved this?

Regards,

Yuvraj

paul_grill2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Andreas,

The popup-based logon as pictured in login1.png is an HTTP Authentication popup generated by the browser. This logon procedure in use for these popups is called "Basic Auth" and is based on a HTTP header which the browser adds to any request once the user has authenticated.

Fiori comes with a much nicer HTML-based login form (as shown in login2.png), i.e. the user enters his credentials and the SAP system then sets a cookie in the user's browser. This experience  relies on SSO tickets which are stored in the end user's browser using a cookie. ICF forces a switch to HTTP Authentication (i.e. ugly popup) when it decides that the user cannot use SSO tickets for authenticating.

When investigating this situation, I recommend looking for the following things:

• Check that the URL bar does not contain sap-system-login-basic_auth=X as parameter. When this parameter is present, HTTP Authentication will always be used.
  • Erroneous SSO2 configuration of SAP system. Run transaction SSO2, enter the RFC connection pointing to the same system, leave the other two fields blank. The results should not contain any error messages.
  • Check the cookie-issuing process. SAP delivers a SSO2 BSP test application reachable through the following URL:
    http://server:port/bc/bsp/sap/system_test/test_sso2.htm?sap-user=myName&sap-password=myPassword&sap-...
  • If SSO2 seems to be working correctly, consider that SSO2 requires a cookie named MYSAPSSO2 be accepted by the user's web browser. Web browsers enforce strict rules which cookies they accept/reject. When comparing HTTP logs, look for the Set-Cookie headers sent by the server. Whenever a browser rejects the logon cookie, the SAP system will  require the user to log on through HTTP authentication. You will notice that sap-system-login-basic_auth=X gets added to the URL in that case.

Also note the following: Once you have authenticated using a browser popup, the web browser will add your logon credentials to every subsequent request made to the server; there is no way to log out other than closing your web browser. Please keep this in mind when trying to reproduce your logon issues.

Regarding logout: To the best of my knowledge, all Fiori Web Apps as well as the Launchpage rely on the central logoff page which looks as pictured in your screenshot. However, some Fiori Web Apps open this page invisibly instead of redirecting the entire browser session. These Apps are then able to display a Fiori-styled logoff message. To summarize: The Logoff behavior varies across the entire Fiori solution; it sounds like you tried the Logoff button in different parts of the application.

Best Regards

–Paul