cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Proxy to ECC - Queue not completing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the sync scenario SOAP Sender->SAP PI ->ccBPM->ECC Proxy.

Now if I run a test in SOAPUI sending in 10 payloads in a burst, the interface processes ok.

If I up the payload count to 100, then I am seeing that the 1st entry in the queue in being processed in ECC within a second, however, the queue in PI is still saying Processing. This then timesouts and causes other messages in the queue to timeout.

Eventually the queue will process normally and the remaiining messages will be ok.

Has anyone ever come across this issue before?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Due to parallel processing and access to master data in ECC code, data may get locked and results in timeouts.

You can try to increase HTTP_TIMEOUT in sxmb_adm and look at other performance tuning parameters in ECC. Multiple such guides are available on SCN.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

I mentioned in my original post that the message in ECC processed within 1 second. Yet the corresponding message was still active in the queue in PI. Therefore I do not see it being a HTTP_TIMEOUT issue.

It is more like ECC "not telling PI it has processed the message".

After the initial timeout, all other messages process ok, so again I do not see this being a HTTP_TIMEOUT issue.

Thanks

Martin

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I think you are doing a sync proxy through ccBPM. Explain your design pls, then we can dig in other aspects.

Thanks

Ambrish