Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Transport Layers and Transport Routes.

Hello Experts,

What is purpose of transports layers and transport routes?

I am already aware of theoretical definition of consolidation route and delivery route, SAP standard routes. But i don't know what is use of those in practical scenario.

Can anyone of you please explain in term of example. So that i can understand it properly.

We are having very complex landscape(more than 70 systems in single landscape) and i need to understand that landscape properly to do any modification in TMS.. Please help me to understand practical usage of transports layers.

Regards,

SG

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi Surojit,

there are two types of transport routes.

Type 1 Konsolidation:

-----------------------------

This type of transport routes is used to transport from your development system to your Konsolidation system. It startts from the development system and points to your quality assurance system (3 system landscape) or directly to your production system (2 system landscape).

The transport layer is connected to this type of transport routes.

Type 2 Delivery:

----------------------

This type of route establiches the transports between quality assurance system and production system (only 3 system landscape)

Be aware you can configure a lot of system landscapes with this route types (x system landscape)!

For detailed Information read the link I posted.

The standard transport layer is used to be able to transport sap objekts. The other transport layers defined by you is used to transport own objects.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question