cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis,atch in report CJI3 & CN41

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am comparing Actual cost in CJI3 & CN41. Cost in CJI3 is higher than CN41. When analyzed per cost element, we found that the difference in amount is exactly equal to the value appearing against Cost Element- Production Order Settlement Variance in CJI3. Would like to know ;

-what could be the reason that this cost is not appearing in CN41-Actual cost where as its appearing in CJI3-Actual cost?

-What should be remedy the for this?

Appreciate your help in advance.

reg

Rahul Shende

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member384980
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

can you check and say which layout you are using for cji3 report. and also plz check the actual cost in cn41 and s_alr_87013557.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

CJI3 & CN41N  reports even though both of these reports are reflecting actual cost ,the mismacth is happening because CN41N report does populte the report with only actual cost incurred (postive posting) against that project object, where as CJI3 will reflect acutal cost (postive posting) & also settled cost (ususaly it would be same value as actual cost but it would be  in negative)incurred against that object hence the resultant would be different in cji3.

Kindly execute CJI3 for that mismatching object & exclude the settled cost posting (Business transaction - KOAO) from the report & compare the resultant with CN41N report.

Regards,

Vadiraj K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadiraj,

Thanks for the input, however the difference is appearing after filtering Business Transaction not equal to KOAO only. Anyother way? 

Reg,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Try to run CJEN and check if results matches in CN41 as compated to results in CJI3 after excluding Business transaction relevant for settlement.

You can also verify the results in S_ALR_87013543.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

CJEN I tried earlier but still mismatch is there. S_ALR_87013543 is matching with CJI3 and do shows the variance against Production order settlement, which is equal to the diff between CJI3 & Cn41.

Any other clue?

Reg

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

CN41 is tranasction to view the project info system - It gives the stuctural information of project hierachially. Hence it doesn't consider the settled actual cost in it. Where as CJI3 & S_ALR_87013543 are the standard SAP REPORTS. These transaction provides the posting/ planning  details considering cost elements.

In CJI3 report even after exluding KOAO business transaction postings if  you still noticing the mismatch means there might be chance of other  postings apart from settlement which you may be missing.

To summerise this i can say CN41 will provide the output based on project structure. Where as CJI3 is standard SAP report for displaying actuals cost incurred against the project line item wise.Hoping this information helps you.

Regards,

Vadiraj K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadiraj,

Ya got your point. But on other side I know the Cost Element from which the diff value (between CJI3 & CN41) is coming from...this cost element is related to the production order settlement variance which is appearing in Actual cost in CJi3. The variance has got settled agaisnt WBS. So basically I can also say that I am not able to see the production order settlement variance which has got settled against WBS in CN41. Hope I am clear.

Reg

Rahul 

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Both are two different standard reports having different purposes, meaning, CJI3, will give actual cost line items with posting dates (period wise) and CN41 is structure report without actual line items

example;

CN41> Project Definition>WBS element>Network>Ext. processing>Components cumulative at header level (actual costs)

CJI3>Project Difinition>WBS element>Network>Components actual line itemwise positions

Hope this gives some idea about why you are getting mis match figures. But at the end, both the figures definitely match

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you doing settlement of your projects?

CJi3 report will only show unsettled cost (line items). while CN41 will show the actual (total) cost.

This can be the reason of change in actual in both the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srihari,

As said by you the Actual cost figures should ultimatetly match in both reports. Where as I am receving the difference which exactly equal to the value appearing against Cost Element- Production Order Settlement Variance in CJI3. Would you be able to let me know over this?

reg

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you misunderstood what Srihari has mentioned in his post.

Both CN41 and CJI3 serve different purposes as explained by Srihari. Don't compare these reports. The best thing you could do at this point is check the actual values in the table RPSCO with reference to the object number. Filter the output for value type 4. There are other ways to compare too.

Run GR55, select report group as 6P01 and then input your project and run the report. Compare the values here with the standard report S_ALR_87013531/CJI3 and evaluate.

Let us know what you find.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Checked with RPSCO and values are matching with CJI3. For GR55 however I am facing some issues and will update you with the findings on this.

Reg

Rahul.