cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Report as per Showroom Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating Showrooms as Depot Plant which will be for Selling various Products eg. A,B,C,D. Now I want to track Showroom wise sales for all Products and for Individual Product a well. I am already maintaining DI-as Distributor, DL as Dealers and DR as Direct Sales. I am also maintaining Product wise Divisions eg. A,B,C,D.

Please advice whether I have to create Showroom as a separate Distribution Channel. And how do I manage the Division with respect to Distribution Channel. I guess, Division remains as it is. No need to change. Please correct me if I am wrong. Hence if I maintain Showroom as seperate Distribution Channel what will be the benefits?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My question was, do I have to maintain Showrooms as separate Distribution Channels?

For example-

My manufacturing unit is in Kanpur. I produce different Products like, Tractor, Crane, Harvesters etc.

I am opening 7 showrooms for selling directly to Customers, All Showrooms are company owned. Now each showroom will be selling- Tractors, Cranes and Harvesters. I want to track each Showroom sales product wise (example: Tractor, Crane, Harvesters) and all products sold per showroom.

Now if we maintain Showroom as a Distribution Channel what are challenges that might come up. And is it advisable?

I am maintaining every showroom as a Seperate Depot plant because, we need to capture CIN as well. Also we have to do STO process.

Please note: I want one Distribution Channel as Showroom and map it to all the Showrooms. Also each Division is maintained Product wise.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

I think you have to go with Plant as Showroom, rationale behind it mentioned below;

1. "we need to capture CIN" - That means the products are Excisable so you need to capture the RG23D and Issue the Depot Excise Invoice also to the Customer.

2. "Also we have to do STO process" - I do not know you are opting for One stem STO or Two steps but taking care of any Domestic STO process I think you have to choose Plant as Depot instead of Sales Office and Distribution Channel.

As I am not fully aware of the sales process but what you wrote that you want Showroom as one of the Distribution Channel, this could be added to the above solution so you can have a separate business segment in SAP.

SAP has provided the option to Assign Multiple Plants to One Sales Area (Sales Org + Dist Chnnl in SPRO > IMG > Enterprise Structure > Assignment > Sales and Distribution > Assign sales organization - distribution channel - plant)

Thanks,

Suman$

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VIcky,

Want to add one point as you want Showroom wise sales and in this regards you can treat all the Showroom as Plant as well as Sales Office to configure the LIS-SIS as per Ashish Chowdhury.

Tcodes : MCTG,MC-E,MC-I,MC(M etc.

You can get the MIS reporting in Standard SAP although I know you have to develop some more Z-Report to satisfy the users.

Good luck.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

So do you suggest to create Showroom as a Separate Distribution Channel ? This is what y question was.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vicky,

Yes you can go for a Separate Distribution Channel for Showroom as I think your client has some other channels of sales as well.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman$,

Thanks for the advice. It really helpful

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vicky,

As an addup to the above discussion , I would like you to ahead with treating showroom as depots rather than sales offices  as stock valuation should be done at showroom level periodically as well and it's better to go with a separate distribution channel for STO as it make reduce the confusion for the enduser.

Thanks,

samba

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am creating Showrooms as Depot Plant 

Not sure, whether you have created as a Depot or Plant.  I am also not sure whether the Depot or Plant that you create is in India.  If it is in India, then you should be aware of Excise formalities for Depot which is very cumbersome.  But I go with Jignesh to have it as a plant rather Depot

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

All showrooms are in India. I am creating Showroom as Depot Plant. Every showroom will be selling to customers. And we have to track sales showroom wise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Logically it might not be required to create a Depot Plant as a Sales Org. as well.

For your reporting requirement, go for a Z-report with the exisitng system design as you have rightly mentioned in your post.

Regards

piyush_gajera
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are various ways to achieve this. Please pick your suitable option.

1) Create showroom as depot. For example A, B, C as depot - Plant. Use show room sale as distribution channel. This is required if you want to manage inventory plant(Showroom) wise.

if you do not want to mange your inventory plant(Showroom) wise you can use below option.

2) You may create showroom as sales group. And sales reporting can be done based on that.

In option 2 you need not have flexibility of manage inventory showroom wise.

Pl reply if any further help require.

Thank$$

PG

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

I will NOT suggest to create Showroom as seperate Distribution channel. This is not advisable & also will be very difficult to maintain. What of tomorrow you star selling from 100 Showrooms? will you cretae 100 Distribution channels?

Since you have created Showroom as a Depot (plant), & plant is available in Invoice at line Item level, you can easily create a Z-Report which will give you showroom-wise sales for all the Products & also individual product sales details.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

As per your logic how do we can identify that material sales from particular Show room?

please share more details and about Z report which will help me for better understanding.

Regards,

Krishna.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Vicky is creating each Showroom as a Depot (which is nothing but a Plant in SAP).

Now, go to Table VBRP & pass a Invoice Number. Here you will find a field - WERKS which is delivering Plant for the material. The said (WERKS) field is not available at Invoice Header (VBRK) because an Invoice can contain materials delivered from different Plants.

Thus a logic in Z-Report can be built to report the depot-wise Sales.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Thank you very much for your knowledge sharing.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh and Krishna,

My question was, do I have to maintain Showrooms as separate Distribution Channels?

For example-

My manufacturing unit is in Kanpur. I produce different Products like, Tractor, Crane, Harvesters etc.

I am opening 7 showrooms for selling directly to Customers, All Showrooms are company owned. Now each showroom will be selling- Tractors, Cranes and Harvesters. I want to track each Showroom sales product wise (example: Tractor, Crane, Harvesters) and all products sold per showroom.

Now if we maintain Showroom as a Distribution Channel what are challenges that might come up. And is it advisable?

I am maintaining every showroom as a Seperate Depot plant because, we need to capture CIN as well. Also we have to do STO process. 

Please note: I want one Distribution Channel as Showroom and map it to all the Showrooms. Also each Product is maintained as a Division.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your requirement what I understood

Distribution channels

DI- Distributor,

DL-Dealers

DR- Direct Sales(in which scenario you will use this please explain if I am not wrong this is from depot)

one more distribution channel you want to add here like "SR-Show room sales"

create new distribution channel "SR" and makes necessary changes in Assignment of enterprise structure

Division -A.B,C,D

required report details we can derive it from T-codes:

MCTC-Material wise sales with respect to Sales org and Division

MCTE-Material sales with respect to Sales organisation/Distribution channel/Division

Please tell me if I am missing something.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

If your business suits you can treat showrooms as a sales office.

So you can easily track sales from showroom by configuring LIS-SIS.

T.codes- MC-E, MC-A, VC/2

Hope this will help you.

Regards

-AJC