cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting different exchange rate while creating a billing document from a sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have created a

Returns Nota Fiscal Cust. order and billing document (returns Credit memo BD) but if we go to item level conditions and see, we are getting different exchange rate for the billing document. If I am correct, this date is based on condition pricing date. If so can you please tell me on what basis is this conition pricing date getting changed? or on what basis is this exchange rate changing and how to correct this??

Thanks in advance

Yasventh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies. I have got the solution for it.

This is because of the copy control settings.

Go to tcode - VTFL

selcet the billing and delivery type at the header level and corresponding item category at the item level.

Then I see the pricing type as 'c' which is 'Copy manual pricing elements and redetermine the others'. Change it to D (Copy pricing elements unchanged). Now you can see the same exchange rate.

Thanks for your help

Yasventh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a similar kind of issue:

My requirement is  if the condition currency is other than document currency (which is also local currency) then at the time of billing the exchange rate will up updated with current date regardless whatever the rate in sales order. We are maintaining exchange rate daily in the system.

We have checked with copy control "pricing exchange rate type" with all the combination but it is not updating the exchange rate in billing ,it is taking the same as it is in sales order.

we have also checked the SSO note:92613 but not able to get the result.

So could you please suggest us what others need to be done?

Any user exit which will help us to determine this ?

Thanks

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amar,

Please check the pricing type in the copy control settings. That should be 'D'Copy pricing elements unchanged

Regards

Yaswanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeswanth,

Please check if any user exits were implemented by your client.

Regards

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeswanth,

Check the relevant copy control VTFA/ VTFL & check the at the item level for entries against PricingExchRate type, this determines the exchange rate.

Say for Brazil, you can take the example order type ORB & F2B for the item category TBN, if this is about returns then you can check against REB (order type & invoice type) & the item category RBN.

Regards

Ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear,

Please check exchange rate in sale order at header level in Accounting Tab, system will consider that exchange rate for FI posting. If you are getting different Exchange rate in billing document header level then whatever maintained at sales order header > Accounting level, please check change history of sale order level, it might be possible that someone has changed it in sales order.

Thanks,

Pratik

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following notes:-

• Note 92613 - Determining price exchange rates for billing date
  • Note 97487 - No exchange rate determination for copied conditions

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaswanth,

The pricing date can be keyed in while creating the Billing document itself hence we will not have any track on the same.

However, please check the Change Log for any change hapenned post the sales order creation. In that case you can see the user who has actually done it.

regards