SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available amount in negative despite of strict AVC check

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

We are facing an issue in our CAPEX related commitment item for a fund center whose budget deficit is also not been shown in FMAVCR01. Attached image can be seen which shows Available budget has gone negative, i am unable to track how it went negative because document journal does not show this amount in full. Have tried AVC reinitialization and FMAF but no use.

Furthermore when i try to post another commitment to this budget , system lets me post . This is very unusual behavior, client does not want available budget to go negative at all, there are certain cases in which due to nature of entries system makes available budget go negative. e.g financial Aid given to student is taken back so an adjustment entry is passed crediting the commitment . Please guide me why is system not checking consumable budget .

Regards

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Do you have controlling objects derivation strategy in AVC? Or some tolerance profiles? If the answer is positive, please, examine this aspect.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

I activated trace in both FMDERIVE and FMAVCDERITPROF. For asset in question when i raise PR , system calls standard tolerance profile with zero tolerance and budget address being called is correct, however system raise a message annual budget almost exhausted despite the budget on the address has already gone negative. My PR value was only 10 PKR but what system is showing in the detail of AVC message below isa huge amount

The current budget consumption is 2,261,050.31 PKR (FM PB Availability Control) less than the annual budget for the document item 00010. Budget control on outgoing amounts ( ceiling type Expenditures) raised this message for the following combination of availability control ledger, fiscal year (and if applicable, year of cash effectivity) and control object:

9H/2013/DUMMY/CAPEX/CUF1008021/PLANTROOM_OTHER_EQUIP/-

Please guide me when there is negative available budget then how is system letting user create PR ?

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I was more referring to 'Define Derivation Strategy for Control Objects'. Do you have any? Does this happen on all lines or only on a single one? Is the address in the message the one, that you expect to receive? Are you able to post FI document on this line, also without any obstacle from AVC?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Well i have not defined derivation strategy for control objects for specific object. Its a general strategy with standard settings. It happens for for only this commitment item /fund center /fund combination since its available budget has gone negative due to some unknown reason. AVC check is on with strict logic. Address in the message is the same on which asset has been created and when used in PR system derives zero level tolerance profile. I have not tried posting any FI document on this address since this exist in live system only.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm... Tricky. And FMAVCREINIT gives nothing? I believe, PR is not defined as statistical, right? Tyr looking at FMAVCT table in order to see if the figures there make sense. If everything looks normal, then I'd raise an OSS message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Are you sure your control objects are the same as your budget/posting objects? If you are using SAP standard setting, the control objects are at the hierarchy node level, which usually is not the same as budget/posting level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share the screen shot of FMAVCR01 at the control object 9H/2013/DUMMY/CAPEX/CUF1008021/PLANTROOM_OTHER_EQUIP/-

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

When you double-click and drill down on the budgeted and consumed amounts, you can get a list of the budget documents and posted documents (document journal). You then have to work backwards chronologically to determine the last documents posted that are over budget. Since each of these documents will have been posted in-spite of the AVC they are cumulative. If there is only one posted document then it is easy.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Atif,

Were you able to get any response from SAP or did you solve this issue?

We have similar issue. Once we did re-initialization of ledger, which has solved. Whereas, the same step is not solving our error.

Do we have any root cause for this error?

Thanks and regards,

Narender.