Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORT_PROPER hangs out during Update Solution Manager Ehp1 SP3

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are updating our Solution Manager 7.0 SP17 to Solution Manager 7.0 Ehp1 SP30 using SAINT/JSPM.

In SAINT the IMPORT_PROPER phase takes a long time, it about 10 hours. I realized the job RDDGEN0L is getting cancelled every minute  and there are two dumps RAISE_EXCEPTION and SYNTAX_ERROR

I am attaching the detail of both dumps and also some screenshots.

Accordin to Note 794802 - Runtime error RAISE_EXCEPTION job RDDGEN0L, I have increased value of the parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time to 25000, the default value was 600, but the error persist. Also TMS RFC are working fine.

Regards

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We faced the same issue when updating our Solution Manager 7.0 SP17 to Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 SP29 with SAINT/JSPM. Go to txn SM37 and cancel OCS_QUEUE_IMPORT job. After that restart the system and start SAINT process again. This is solution from SAP Support. Our investigations to this issue: this error occured due to enhancements in ABAP. To avoid this issue without cancelling active job you can do incremental update. First update your SAP Solution Manager 7.0 to Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 (with minimum packages possible - only basic components SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABA, SAP_BW, PI_BASIS and all related to it), restart the system to activate these ABAP enhancements and then update to SP30. In this case you can avoid stuck in update with SYNTAX_ERROR.