cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Functional Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Very simple query! Can we delete Functional Location permanantly?

If yes, Please provide me path.

Regards,

Waqas Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shirazul_islam
Explorer

Dear Waqas,

We can delete/archiving Functional Location  by ABAP Program.  following steps need to follow...

Step 1. First Set Deletion Flag for the Functional Location. (Edit > Functional Location > Functions > Deletion Flag > Set then Save.

Step 2. Execute Program RIARCTPV via T Code se38 and enter in the Functional Location.

Step 3. Execute program RIARCTPA via T Code se38, Generate Archive File, Which will create a file.

Step 4. Execute program RIARCTPD via T Code se38 and select the session.After Executing Functional location will delete permanently.

Regards

Shirazul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Islam,

Please elaborate step 2 by explanining how to enter functional location in Program RIARCTPV.

Regards,

waqas

former_member193016
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear waqas:

1. Enter SE38,

2. Choose program RIARCTPV

3. Press execute and there you put the Functional Locations that have to be deleted (here you prepare their archiving)

Please, don't hesitate to ask me more, if there are any issues.

Regards,

Sorin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx sorin,

Succesfully Executed

former_member193016
Participant
0 Kudos

Welcome 🙂

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I actually wonder why all those steps have to be executed with SE38 by calling a program?

Usually SAP provides a dedicated transaction for users. No user, except a developer, would have the authority to execute SE38 in our system. And the developer would not be allowed to do this in a production system.

All archiving is usually done via SARA transaction. just enter the object (F4 search available) and then execute the action buttons one after the other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

You also need authorization from basis team to run SARA Transaction.

I executed through basis team using SE38 & it worked, it varies from organization to organization.

Regards,

waqas

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sure it works via reports, but I just wonder how a normal user would ever know about those report names. Probably only by raising a question in SCN.

These are old fashioned IT minds to make IT more important than needed, I do not see any sense to tell somebody a report name if there is a transaction in the menu that does exact the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Its always good to learn new things. There should always be alternate options in your pocket. Every person has his own views, in my view its OK to know about reports & alternate options. As I want to learn

Regards,

waqas

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Totally agreed, except of the sequence, I would usually like to learn the standard prior to the workarounds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the link. Read the content below Archive (PM / CS) heading.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8d/3e6552462a11d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm

It won't take much to search in google.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think you are in anger.any reason maheswaran?

You can tell the same thing in professional way.

Regards,

waqas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggested you to search before posting. You can take the same in professional way.

Already all kinds of documents available in SAP help, SDN forums, etc., It won't take much time for you to search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanx,

Regards,

waqas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waqas,

We can do it through archiving  just go to t code AOBJ and enter the authorization object "PM_IFLOT" it will give you clear picture on Archiving the functional Location.

Thank You.

Regards,

Harsha.