cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Hide an entire ROW in the table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a table control displayed in my Web Dynpro ABAP screen where the table is bound to a context node with cardinality 0:N. The scenario is to hide an entire Row based on a flag in the row itself. I don't want to remove the record from my context because I need it in subsequent processing. Is there a way to achieve this? Should I use Cell Variants, and How? I tried the cell variant and am able to hide a column, BUT how to hide a row? Thanks for your time

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you use one attribute in your node to do that, it's quite simple,

you should have a boolean for that and in your table you should bind the attribute

visible of all you celleditors (from each column) to that attribute, this way, you can

set or unset the boolean to true and your rows will disappear.

If you have already a flag, bind the inputfields/textviews to that value

grtz

Koen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to hide the entry row instead of having blank cells.

Pls help.

Regards,

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have not found a solution for this with recent enhancement packages. Does anyone have a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's amazingly simple. Thanks a lot. It was that simple and I was trying to kill this with a missile. You guys are superb.

Cheers

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone confirm this still works in NW ep 7.1? When I do this, the rows do not dissappear....they stay in the table but are simply blank, not removed.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The thread was started some time ago, but I have the same issue as Joshua. The row does not disappear, it remains but the cell editors are blank.

I wish to hide completely the entire row, and there does not seem to be a way (as there is with table columns which is straight-forward).

Cheers,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try by creating one attribute of type WDUI_VISIBILITY and bind this to visible property of table columns,

use set_attribute to set values based on your requirement.

pass value '01' for NONE '02' for VISIBLE. try this it might work.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kisnass,

Its complete specific table rows I want to hide, not table columns.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is no option to hide specific table rows, I was thinking that perhaps I could create a table filter dynamically to do the trick, anyone done this?

Cheers,

JP.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the "Koen Labie" solution... in that instead of wdy_boolean use wdui_visibility property.

this is what kissnas trying to explain.

Regards

Srinvias

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To reiterate, I suspect the solution proposed by Keon is no longer relevant, as I get the same issue as Joshua. Rows are not hidden, just the cells are blank.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, in that instead of wdy_boolean use wdui_visibility property.

Regards

Srinivas

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Sanasrinivas, but this does not work.

Very easy to test. Created a ZTEST table with the following fields:

MANDT

CODE (CHAR2)

VISIBILITY (WDUI_VISIBILITY)

DESCRIPTION (CHAR20)

Created test WDA. Created the above as node in my component controller context, mapped to my view context, and created a supply function to read the table.

Mapped each table column visible attribute to node attribute "VISIBILITY".

If my table rows are as follows:

01 02 LINE1

01 02 LINE2

01 02 LINE3

Then all rows show, as expected. If I maintain my table to have the following:

01 02 LINE1

01 01 LINE2

01 02 LINE3

Then I see LINE1, then a blank row (for line 2), and then LINE3. The row IS NOT hidden, just the cell editors are hidden.

01 02 LINE1

BLANK

01 02 LINE3

So the row is not made invisible. If the row was truly hidden I would expect:

01 02 LINE1

01 02 LINE3

Kind regards,

JP.