cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on Modification of Access in Access Seq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I have a small confusion , please guided if someone has come across this and apply any of those solution and which one would be the right way to proceed ...

Please find the Attached Image , it shows   two table  A and B ,  Both table represent the access Sequence ZPRO  ,

Table A : shows the access sequence  as it in the current production system ,

Table B: shows the Access Seq. After the modification , if you can check , table B contain three new entries (access Seq) named as A , B and C , this access would need to  be created for accommodating new Field Ext.Mat.Group ( is a field maintain in Material Master )  which will be used to differentiate between two Products   !

• What will  happen if we reshuffle the access seq. I.e if we delete access seq. up to number 10 and reassign them in the Sequences given in table B  , is there any impacts  we can see in the production system for closed or past orders ? if yes then  what kind of impact we can anticipated ,

Note: we don’t have any custom or hard coded program based on access seq.

• If in case there an impact ! we have another thought , we will  customize New  access sequence which includes this new condition table    (A , B and C)  but we want to assign this access seq. to the same condition type (i.e two access will be used one condition type)  so here can we write an routine which can trigger the selection of access sequence based on this New field  i.e  if the Ext.Mat.group is “ 1 “ select access seq. A  and if Ext.Mat.Group is “2” , select access seq. B  for the same condition type

Awaiting for your response ,

Thanks

Sonam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor

Sonam,

You can go with the first option, in the access sequence include 3 new tables.

Below points have to be considered.

This can also be checked / tested / analyzed in the QAS (as a preparation, to when the changes move to PRD system)

1. List the pricing procedures that have this particular condition type.

2. List all the sales document types, billing types that have this pricing procedure.

3. Check in copy control for these document types, is the pricing getting re-determined (field Pricing type)

4. At the time of moving this change to production, check how many

a. sales orders for which delivery is not done

b. sales orders for which delivery is done, but billing is not yet done

Which have the values of the condition records, for the new condition tables.

in a. user should not redetermine pricing

b. copy control should not allow redetermining of pricing

These are the documents which you would have to keep-track of.

5. In the access sequence, for each condition table is the field Exclusive activated?

Note: I would not advise you to have two access sequence for a single condition type.

This goes against the condition technique and would need substanstial coding and testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonam,

there should not be any impact, however for a safe approach

Check all the condition types linked with the access sequence you propose to change using T685 table

have a backup of the condition type values against the condition tables by prefixing A on your tables & get the relevant values and have this as a backup on worst case.

like TW suggested work with exclusion parameters rather than going with custom approach that will use two access sequence.

you can have Ext. material group1 & group 2 as seperate access with exclusion parameter rather than going with custom approach.

Regards

Ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi llango & TW 

This  table with Ext.Mat group will be a  new Table , is wasn't exist before ,  so i wanted  to add the sequence as i mention in attached pics ( pics at start of the discussion )

the main concern  i have is :  if i change the sequence of table in Access seq. then the previously created orders would lose the tractability , as when i do the Pricing Analysis , i would not know how the price is been calculated or by which access this price was calculated ,  As in analysis it was picking up different access  as the one which is been hit previously has moved to different access ( 03 to 33 )  , i did small simulation Please find it below

Ex: As per the screen shot ,

1) i have created one order  , at that time ZDLT was calculated by access 03 : value was 699, then i changed the sequence .

2) i change the table seq . i.e i move access seq/table at 03 Seq. to access 33.

3) when i reopen the previously created order ,if some audit is there that how this   value was calculated 699   , in that case we  click on Analysis button on Condition Tab , and when i check  it showing the access 04 which was showing value 533. ( please find the Attached pic)

in that case how would the business can answer the dealer or audit people that how come we had 699 at first place !!!

if you can show me the way for that my issue will be solved

thanks again for your help

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sonam,

Please give some more information -

a. In that sales order did you re-determine the pricing? (By clicking on button Update, and then choosing one of the partner types e.g. B)

b. In the sales order, does the value of the condition type change? or it just that the "incorrect" condition table is being highlighted in the Analysis?

c. In the Analysis, please paste the screen where it is giving Condition record found (or condition record missing) for this condition type

c. Business related question - how is there such a big difference between the value of one record compared with the other?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.