cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Metrics (No: Of calls allowed per hr, Users etc...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Is there a way to control the number of calls/users per hour or day for Webservices Published by PI in ESR and/or SR. Can we track such metrics in PI?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Is there a way to control the number of calls/users per hour or day for Webservices Published by PI in ESR and/or SR.

no,

>>>>Can we track such metrics in PI?

yes and no:

a) yes if we enable logging of sync messages (I assume your WS calls are sync)

b) no - as we don't want to log sync message on PRD systems

BTW

this is a known functionality whcih you refere to but I don't know if it's going to be implemented in PO (for example to limit WS calls per user to a certain number) I believe it may be first implemented in tools  like hana integration platform - so clould based solutions,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

So does that mena we cannot use PI SR as a true web service (pub and sub) solution. As some of the other gateway applications have a way to control how many users can access a particular web service at one time and/or number of calls that are permitted to a webservice at any one time.

I mean we do not want our system to crash down if the consumer sends thousands of requests in a short frame of time....

I hope I am making sense here. It is more about setting controls around webservice consumption.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vicky Goyal wrote:

I mean we do not want our system to crash down if the consumer sends thousands of requests in a short frame of time....

In my opinion you have to setup a load balancer in front of your PI production environment to deal with this kind of situation. I also expect that your PI environment will be clustered among several cluster members to spread the load.

Regards, Roberto Viana