cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JControl.exe does not start...Database Initialisation Problem...MS SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any idea on why JCONTROL.exe does not start. I am currently installing NW04s EP7. The DB is on another host and te SCS and CI are on a different host. I am going throught the installation when I get the following error fro the Bootstrap file.

I have already done the following steps:

1. entered the SAP<SID>DB password

2. SQL is started and running on the second host.

3. The bootstrap.propeties files look the same as any other file EP system on our network

[Mar 7, 2007 5:32:35 PM ] [Bootstrap module]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization.

[Mar 7, 2007 5:35:45 PM ] -

[Mar 7, 2007 5:35:45 PM ] Bootstrap MODE:

[Mar 7, 2007 5:35:45 PM ] <INSTANCE GLOBALS>

[Mar 7, 2007 5:35:45 PM ] determined by parameter [ID0117060].

[Mar 7, 2007 5:35:45 PM ] -

[Mar 7, 2007 5:35:46 PM ] Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:422)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

-

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error occurred: Secure Store lib Dir does not exist
PC04315\sapmnt\ET1\SYS\global\security\lib\tools

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:212)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:49)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:60)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:419)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

[Mar 7, 2007 5:35:46 PM ] [Bootstrap module]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization.

Many thanks,

Adil Zafar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Encryption in what sense. This two machines are setup on a DEMO domain and are test systems. How do I determine whether there is encryption issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When WAS is installed, one of the options is to set strong encyription for the data. I was thinking that if this was done to one and not to the other that the problem may be there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error occurred: Secure Store lib Dir does not exist
PC04315\sapmnt\ET1\SYS\global\security\lib\tools

Do you have strong encryption on your current system?