cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming web service in Web Dynpro java - Portal 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to consume a web service in web dynpro java application using technical user account (No SSO). Our portal is on version 7.3.

When I try to test the web service using wsnavigator, it gives a popup window and when providing the user, password, it gives no response.

On creating a provider system, it gives a message "User is not authenticated to download the wsdl". This same message is displayed for all user accounts, even if the provided user account is invalid.

I have been referring to the following document. But it is still giving the issue.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50d70a19-45a3-2b10-bba0-807d819da...

Portal and the WSDL entry point are on domain "company.com".

Regards,

Saran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saran,

Can you ping your provider system and tell me what the response you are getting ?

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if your web dynpro application has authorization enabled.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how you configure your provider system?

usually i create a service user, who has uudi read/write authorization. this user will be used in the configuration of provider system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

I am creating the provider system with the portal Admin (j2ee administrator) account.

When I am trying to create provider system with technical user to access the WSDL URL, it give unauthorized exception. Will portal user account has any effect on this?

Regards,
Saran

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm, it is kinda strange you can access the WSDL from your client browser using the technical name, but not from NWA...

Are you sure the system configuration is done correctly, and the WSDL is accessible from your NetWeaver server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Sorry for the confusion.

I am not able to open the webservice (End point URL from the browser). This is expected as the WS required authentication.

If I choose basic authentication for the WS, I get the response that "Secutiy protocol not permitted". This is expected as the WS will only accept the certificate.

We have imported the client certificate into the keystore and configured the service reference for the Service group craeted  in the WD Java app. The authenticating mechanism is http and security is X509 certificate.

When I invoke the WS from my webdynpro application, it gives the following error.

Abstracts from the http call log :

Client protocol has thrown asn exception. portocolname is [security protocol]

Error while creating the signature  Feature: http://www.sap.com/webas/630/soap/features/transportguarantee

Error was : java.lang.nullpointerexception while trying to invoke the method java.lang.string.indexof(int) of an object loaded from local variable `qname1`

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.wssec.policy.exception.ProcessException: [com.sap.ASJ.wssec.020318] Error during the generation of a digital signature. Error was: java.lang.NullPointerException while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.indexOf(int) of an object loaded from local variable 'qname1'.

Could you please give me inputs on what could be the cause of the issues?

Regards.

Saran

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, that error is unknown to me...

Have you already tried testing the client certificate authentication via soapUI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried testing the certificate via soapUI. It is failing as "Rejected by Policy. By Client".

But the same web service has been successfully integrated with the certificate on an PI Interface in a different system.

Is there any specific config or setting required on the server component ?

Regards,
Saran

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saran,

Are you able to access the web service WSDL url from your browser?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Yes, I am able to acess the web service URL from the browser with my technical user account.

Regards,

Saran