cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a issue wherein presently there is delivering plant assigned to a material and this delivering plant gets determined at sales order during the creation of sales order.

The delviering plant which is getting picked from material master is actually a wrong plant.

So i need to change the delviering plant at material master level. SO how do i do this

Do i need to change the delviering plant direclty  or is there any other process to do this.

Please advise.

regards,

udai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Uday,

There is a standard plant determination procedure in SAP. System will determined plant on below sequence.

1) Customer / Material information record- From Customer / Material Information Record, TCode VD51 /52/ 53)

2) Customer Master (System will pick plant code from Customer Master Sales Area data - Shipping - Delivering Plant, if there was no Cust / Mater information record maintained)

3) Material Master (System will pick plant code from material master if there was no Cust - Material info record maintained as well as there was no delivering plant maintained at customer master level)

You can change plant code at sales order level as well.

Thanks,

Pratik Parmar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

uday,

Is the system IDES (a practice) or a client system?

Are you a user or a SD consultant?

Go to MM03, give the MMR, select Sales:Sales org1, give sales organization, distribution channel and check the field Delivering plant.

Note: For the same material, for different combination of sales org and distribution channel, different plants can be given.

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

MM02...not MM03

Regards,

Abhinav

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

Thanks for your comment!

I wanted to convey MM03 (not MM02). This was no typo!

My intention (most of the times) is to first see in display mode. After getting an understanding, I like to go to change or creation mode; and do the necessary action.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

If your client says that the plant which is maintained in material master is wrong, then, ask the authorized user to change in material master so that you will get correct plant in sales order. Also, cross check your CMIR and customer masters as well.

But, your requirement is to change for a specific sales order line items, please advise your user to change it manually.

Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please surf the forum before posting queries.

The plant could be changed at item level at the overview screen.

1.Scroll right to the field where you enter the material and quantity.

2. Goto Edit --> Fast change --> Plant on the overview screen of the sales order

Regard,

Debadeep