Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following Requirements:

i have 3 system in my landscape 
1. 3rd party file system ( sender )
2. PI
3. SAP System (Receiver)

sender system will send the file and place in in the application server of PI. PI should pick and process the file in sequence in which it got and also it has to process only when the receiver system is up.

If the receiver system is down PI should not pick the file and process it.

Kindly help me with this requirements.

Regards,
Ruban.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sajith_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Use both processing sequence By Date & set the QoS as EOIO, and set any queue name.

BR

Sajith

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though it is not completely feasible,  I would recommend doing two scenarios.. Create two scenarios... Say first scenario a)  call the script that first does ping ecc using http protocol whether the system is up and running and if so externally control the file channels ON for say some duration like 5 mins. The second interface is file to proxy for the requirement.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 situations:

Planned outage in ECC: In such a situation, normal strategy is to stop all channels (for ECC/third party scenarios) in PI before downtime so your requirement is met. PI will not process the file.

Unplanned outage in ECC:  Nobody can anticipate this and PI will pick the file any ways. Message in PI will be stuck till ECC comes up. Normally a batch job runs in production environment, which processes failed messages automatically. If the number of retries are exhausted, then the messages are manually re-processed by the support team.

Your requirement is not feasible since PI cannot go and first check if ECC is up and then pick the file. Even if you design such an interface (fancy one, I would call it), it does not guarantee that when PI actually picks the file and at that moment ECC goes down

So its better to convince the client that it is not feasible.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i think you cannot stop PI to process files if receiver system is down, but having said that you can change the number of retries (by default 3 at a regular interval of 5 mins) in the receiver channel and force PI to keep on sending  messages for a longer duration...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

since it is pi application server you can do that by date.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

●      Processing Sequence (for transport protocol File System (NFS))

If you used placeholders when specifying the file name, define the processing sequence of the files:

○       By Name: Files are processed alphabetically by file name.

○       By Date: Files are processed according to their time stamp in the file system, starting with the oldest file.

If the receiver system is down PI should not pick the file and process it.

i am not sure we can achieve this. let us wait for others reply.

Regards,

Muniyappan.