Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collapse texts in subform in layout

former_member213871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello people,

while creating form I get stucked with "Title". For form I need 10 different language dependet values based on document type.

So I created flowed subform, inserted 10 texts and put conditions into them. That is working perfect. But in form layout I have this subform over other ones and it is creating a mess. Is there any option to collapse it? I found only "Exlude from layout" and in case of change to allow it.

I tried to use "ALTERNATE" in Context tab but this is the same. It is over whole page.

Thank you

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

you've made it too complex. Use a string variable for your title field. Then use ABAP to set the variable depending on language, form type etc. Your form just need to display the string variable as the title.

Cheers,

Tao

former_member213871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your contribution. The complexity comes from smartforms where I was used to use it this way. As I noticed, PDF is not so variable and friendly.

Your mentioned solution is the one I decided to go anyway. Maybe with little correction - I will use variable for text module name and in ABAP fill this variable according to the conditions - no other options suits to me.

Thank you.

David

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

DO you want to check if you use the alternative feature correctly? Thanks.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Alternative/page1.htm

regards,

Xiang Li

former_member213871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you. I checked this and I am using it as suggested. There is no option how to wrap the alternate. So it is not preferable solution - it looks horrible on form if you have more conditions.

BR,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

actually I even didn't read your intention on the layout in detail. As I read your requirement briefly, I had made my choice immediately.

What I wanna append is that:

1. Also in smartform I will use the same logic -> Variable instead of smartform condition.

Generally I would suggest to avoid any logic in forms if possible. Because every form will "grow" as time goes by, you can't foresee how many requiments you get in the fureture. ABAP-Logics can be extented with no limits, but more and more logic in the form will make it horrible. In the end no one has an overview of the form and it is very difficult for supporting.

2. You said "you noticed, PDF is not so variable and friendly". It's not the case. Actually PDF form is much much more variable than smartform. "User-friendly" is a personal feel, every one has own feel.

3. What you need on the layout (collapse texts in subform) is also no problem in PDF. But it's non of use for you, I won't do it.

Cheers.

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can place 'Titles' one over the other by setting the 'Content' of the subform to be 'Positioned'.

by using the 'Hierarchy' option in the Palette menu, you can access the Titles individually.