cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect two SAP MII servers using virtual IDBC connectors

0 Kudos

I need to connect two different SAP MII servers using virtual IDBC connetor.

The SAP MII servers are linked, but I am not able to write any query using this data connector. This is because the modes for this data connector is not visible while creating a query.

Have any one done this earlier?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also make sure permissions are correct for your use and roles.  Check the java console and server errors, you may be getting an error trying to call the ModeList query request in the editor.

0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

The user id, we have configured, is having the remote login rights on the SAP xMII 11.5 server which is configured using the virtual IDBC connector on SAP MII 12.2 server.

I verified the java console, but could not find such error. But the error while executing the query is: "Error has occurred while processing data stream Authentication Required".

I can't figure out the reason, plz help.

Regards,

Snehal

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm, a 12.2 server accessing 11.5 through Virtual Servers - not likely something support would probably help you accomplish or recommend.  You could however try using the Trusted Server option in the 11.5 server where you put the inbound IP address from the 12.2 server - this allows all inbound requests from 12.2 to be 'trusted' and run more or less as an authorized admin.

0 Kudos

Hello Jeremy,

I tried using the Trusted Server option in the 11.5 server, and added ip of 12.2 server. But still facing the same issue. The workbench error is: "Cannot load parameter Modes."

Thanks,

Snehal

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may simply be running into version compatibility issues.  If the WB is getting the list of modes by a way that 11.5 doesn't understand, then that might explain your issue.  If you build your query template against a local 12.2 DB connection and then switch data servers does it work?

You can also try /XMII/Illuminator?Server=Sample_source&Mode=ModeList in a browser from your 12.2 system, or Mode=TableList

0 Kudos

Hello Jeremy,

The building query template against a local 12.2 DB connection and then switching the data servers worked.

Thank you for this idea.

Now I am able to access the fixed query editor in the WB, but the query template could not fetch the table list and giving the error: "Error has occurred while processing data stream Authentication Required". Please refer the screen shot:

Also, when trying to give /XMII/Illuminator?Server=Sample_source&Mode=ModeList in the browser is giving the same error. Please refer the screen shot:

We have configured the remote login credentials for the 11.5 server in this connector. Please suggest if I am missing some thing.

Regards,

Snehal

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

11.5 and 12.2 use two fundamentally different security models which goes back to my comment about backwards compatibility probably not working too well (or supported).  11.5 used LHSecurity, and since 12.0 it uses NetWeaver's UME.  Unless removing the credentials in the Virtual data server allows the pass through authentication for the 11.5 Trusted server to work, I don't know what other options you can consider.  Direct database connection (perhaps less desirable) from the 12.2 server?

An XMLQuery calling the 11.5 server with http requests asking for Content-Type=text/xml (like at the end of the sample url's I provided) is an idea, and there are several options for this inside a transaction, but a bit tedious if you're intending to do complex queries or lots of parameters in the sql syntax.

0 Kudos

I would also check to make sure the "Legacy URL" flag is checked in the Virtual Dataserver configuration on the 12.2 instance.

Sam

0 Kudos

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks, this helped me a lot.

So, in this case I should try to connect the databases or try to have 12.2 server instead of 11.5 server. I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Snehal

0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

I verifed that the "Legacy URL" flag is checked in the Virtual Dataserver configuration on the 12.2 instance.

Regards,

Snehal

0 Kudos

Snehal,

One more thing you can check is to try to use the Virual Connection from a query template and then look in the NetWeaver Logs to see exactly what the error is on the 12.2 side.  Also, are you using HTTP or HTTPS and can you share a screenshot of the data server configuration?

Sam

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with you Sam - the Legacy URL was a good catch from the full thread, which in principal should do the trick.  I doubt that it has been used too often so it is entirely possible that there is a bug that prevents it from working.

Worth pursuing for full resolution - despite plenty of options for workaround.

0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

While trying to create a query template using this virtual connector, I am getting the error as: "Cannot Load Parameter Mode."

We are using HTTP and please find the configuration screen shot below for this connector:

Regards,

Snehal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member329434
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Snehal,

Please follow the steps:

1) Log  into  Primary server and access Data services from MII portal :

select   connector type as Virtual IDBC

click on  settings tab

b) check both the checkboxes ( Enabled, Allow dynamic query)

2) provide the target MII server IP , Remote login server name and its credentials.

3) Once you complete , please check the connection status.

Note:  make sure there is no firewall in between two MII servers

Regards,

Suman

0 Kudos

Thanks Suman!

0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I have followed the steps and now the SAP xMII 11.5 server is successfully configured in SAP MII 12.2. Also the status is showing as running.

But still while I my using this connector to create a SQL query, I am not able to see the query modes to be selected. Please refer the screenshot below:

I am not able to figure out exact problem.

plz help.

Regards,

Snehal