Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when setting background image

former_member239066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a graphic and included it on my form.  I have set the image to be printed as background by right clicking and selecting 'Send Backward'.  But, the image is being printed on the foreground.  I have also tried 'Send Back', but I am still facing the same issue.

I am using LiveCycle 8.  Could this be an issue due to the version of LiveCycle I am using?

If not, could you please provide a solution?

Thanks & Regards,

Vitish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member239066
Participant
0 Kudos

I have found the solution.  The text should not be a static text.  I have used a text module and now the image is printed behind the text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitish,

In Adobe form the layer concept is followed. i.e. if two components share the same area on the page layout, then their visibility will be ordered according to their order in document Hierarchy. The problem can be solved by arranging the image and text little bit in the Hierarchy view.

1. Go to Hierarchy View(Palettes->Hierarchy).
  2. Find the Subform in which the Text and the Image has been wrapped.
  3. Inside the Subform arrange the order of the elements(Image and Text) as below.(you can drag the image  and place it before the Text Field)
      • Subform
        • Text Field

The Image should come 1st and below to that Text Field should come 2nd. so that the text will appear upon the image.

Regards,

Krishna

former_member737636
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This was the solution that worked for me. I found the subform where the image needed to be and placed it first on the subform. The rest of the fields printed over that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitish,

Try to use the Layout > Send to back

And others object, set Layout > Bring to Front

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=000374.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

regards,

Xiang Li

former_member239066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang,

Thanks for your reply.  I have tried that also but still the image is printed on the text.

Regards,

Vitish.

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vitish,

Send Backward, would send it backwards of all objects in that particular subform,  Is your subform, in another subform, if Yes, try moving image to the subform in the top.

--

Rakesh

former_member239066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

thanks for your reply.  I have wrapped the image in the same subform as the existing text and sent it backward but still the image is printed on the text.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vitish.