SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRD in Service PO not adjusting budget consumption properly

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The settings in OFUP are set to FM update at “GR and IR”

Scenario: 1 - Service PO where there is a price difference between GR and IR.  GR is greater than IR.

Steps: - PO (Amount 3500) > GR (Amount 3500) > IR (Amount 3000).

Expected result – The net budget consumption in this transaction should be 3000 i.e. the invoice amount.

Actual result – The net budget consumed is 3500 i.e. Higher of GR / IR.. This is NOT OK

Scenario: 2 - Service PO where there is a price difference between GR and IR.  GR is lesser than IR.

Steps: - PO (Amount 3500) > GR (Amount 3500) > IR (Amount 4000).

Expected result – The net budget consumption in this transaction should be 4000 i.e. the invoice amount.

Actual result – The net budget consumed is 4000 i.e. as per invoice amount. This is perfect!!

Scenario 3 – Goods PO (Not Service PO), which is account assigned. GR higher than IR

Steps :- PO (Amount 100) > GR (Amount 100) > IR (Amount 90)

Expected result – Net Budget consumption should be 90

Actual result – Net Budget consumption is 90 i.e. as per Invoice amount.. This is Perfect!!

Scenario 1 and 3 are effectively same i.e. GR Higher than IR.. However, behavior is different in both the cases. WHY????

Has any one faced this before? The Final invoice indicator has been marked in MIRO

Br, Ajay M

13 REPLIES 13

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

GR incorrect reduction is a subject for several notes, e.g. 1612027. Check OSS with key words 'GR reduction budget' and see if relevant notes are implemented.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Sure Eli, I will check this

Meanwhile, can you reply to my question on RIB that I posted som e days back

I didn't receive any reply from the forum so far

Br. Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you mind sharing the screen shot of FM document of scenario 1 (ME23N -> Environment -> AC Commitment Documents; make sure the Amount Type field show on the display)?

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi

I will be able to give that on Monday

It was like this

Doc 1. Gr posted with amt type 100 - expense gl & CI as 611110- Amount      -3500(-ve)

Doc 2. IR posted fresh doc in FM as below with amt type 100

GR/IR gl 455910 - CI 611110 - amount   -3500

Expense gl 611110 - CI 611110 - amount.   +500

IR updated a new line item in the 1st doc with amt type 200 as below

Expense gl 611110 & CI 611110 - amount    +3000

0 Kudos

On Monday, please show all three FM documents:

FM doc for PO (ME23N -> Enter PO# -> Environment -> AC Commitment Documents)

FM doc for GR

FM doc for IR

0 Kudos

Hi and

1. I have checked the notes mentioned in this thread and also several others, but none seems to be applicable to our version EA-PA 600

2. The screen shots as asked by Minghong are as below

Commitment items posted in FM upon PO.. The 2nd line item shows reduction upon GR, i believe

GR documents posted in FM... The 2nd line item for GR reduction is posted upon IR for 3000, instead of 3500.. This is what the problem is

IR document posted in FM.. There is a Price difference of 500 between GR and IR.. Final invoice indicator has been ticked

Note that in the case of a Material PO, we dont have this problem at all.. It is working proper i.e. GR reduction is 3500 instead of 3000 as above

I referred Atif's screen shot below for Service PO.. Thats how it should behave

Br, Ajay M

0 Kudos

Hi,

It does look problematic.

In our system, because our OFUP setting is GR update, the same scenario is like:

PO:

100      VT 51 AmtT 100

100-     VT 51 AmtT 200

GR:

100      VT 54 AmtT 100

IR:

10-       VT 54 AmtT 100

Total: 90

Our invoice setting is 'GR-Bsd IV'. Are you using GR-based invoice or Service-based invoice?

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay:

I just replicated scenario ..We are on EA-PS 605. I had a service PR 100 , PR 100, did ML81N 100 and in MIRO i posted 90 by reducing line item value from 100 to 90. System posted 90 debit to GRIR Account and 10 credit to expense account that was entered at the time of creation of PR. Is this what you require ?

There also some excellent notes available for service related commitment updates in the WIKI by Mar http://scn.sap.com/people/mar.novalbos/blog/2010/03/25/commitment-update-in-the-service-availability...

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif

FM is updated at the time of service entry sheet with -100 amount.. This is OK

Now, after IR, system posts entry in FI as

GR/IR --> Dr --->      100

Vendor -> Cr---->     -90

Expense->Cr---->     -10

FM is updated again with the amounts as below

GR/IR Account -----> +100 and

Expense Account --> -10

Commitment item in both line items is same

After IR, the document posted in FM originally at the time of GR is updated with another line item for -90... Can you check this in your system and tell me??

So, ultimately, if you see the net budget consumption, it is as below

-100 (@ GR) + 100 (@ IR) -10 (@ IR) - 90 (@ IR) = -100

Where as the net budget consumption should have been -90, i.e. the actual expense billed by the vendor..

Problem is this 90 posted into the GR document under Amout type 200 at the time of IR... This should have been 100

I will check the SAP notes given by you and Eli

Br, Ajay M

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay:

In my system , 200 is being posted to GRIR (332011) at the time of MIRO and and credit of 20 is given to the expense account in question with the same commitment item which is i think as per standard since you have been 20 less by vendor so your expense has been reduced by 20 making overall budget consumption to 180 as can be seen in the attached image which shows complete trail of your scenario from PR,PO,GR,IR. Please show us the same from your system so that it could be analyzed further .Please also tell us the update profile you are using .

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif

This is exactly what is not happening in my system, which I will check by implementing SAP notes that you guys have suggested

In your case, when PO was raised, the commitment from PR was cancelled (200)

When GR was done, the commitment from PO was cancelled (200)

When IR was done, the budget consumption from GR got nullified (200) and actual invoice amount reduced the budget (180)

In my case, upon IR, the Budget consumption from GR is only partially nullified.. i.e. instead of 200 in your example, its only reduced by 180 in the case of Service PO.. However, it is properly nullified by 200 in the case of a Material PO

Can you do this for a Service PO where there is a PRD between GR and IR and let me know the result?

Br, Ajay M

0 Kudos

This is actually a service PO . Please tell me your update profile as assigned in OF37.

0 Kudos

Hi

I think it is 100 (Invoice basis, based on due date)

Br, Ajay M