Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts in PI

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I know many alerts related threads are present on SCN, but my query is kind of different.

I have successfully configured the alerts in all three env as DEV, QA and PRD couple of months ago.

I have used 2 alerts one is for message processing error in MONI and second is for adapter error.

In dev and QA it was working quite perfect for many days. In production it was slow or many time the alert for channel error is not coming and even the message error alert stopped working automatically. Now a days I am experiencing that none of the system is throwing the alert and in production where rarely I am getting 1 alert in 2 months or so. I tested the alerts in QA today by running RSALERTTEST report and the alert was successfully triggered there.I want to know why this unusual behavior is happening that all the 3 systems were giving alerts automatically and nowadays all the 3 systems stopped giving me the alerts?

I am using PI 7.3 dual stack.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

I suppose this is general issue. The issue is coming because the expired alerts are not cleared from the system. Please use report RSALERTPROC to clear all the expired alerts from the system and then try and test.

First try this in DEv or QAS and if it solves the issue then schedule the job in PRD on daily basis to clear the expired alerts.

Hope this helps!!!!!

Regards

Gaurav Ranjan

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

As per your suggestion, I have deleted the Alerts in DEV, but I can see that only 5 alerts were deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After deleting the alerts have you checked whether now the new alert are coming?

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Yes, After deleting one alert came from DEV.

Will it work for production also?

If yes then can you tell me the steps to schedule the job for running this program in production system and what settings and selections I need to do?

I mean I need to do if we can select or save any variant and if yes then how can we save it and which fields and checkboxes need to be selected?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Thsi will definitely work in PRD.We have configured the job on daily basis in our project.Daily basis one time will do because the default alert expiry time in ALRTCATDEF is 1440 Mins i.e. 1 day. If you have changed 1440 then schedule the job accordingly. Idea is the two should be in sync.

So configure a Z job in PI PRD and schedule it on daily basis by making a variant. When running th efirst time please selct delete old alerts. After that yu can chnage the variant on number of days as shown in screenshot.Please select your alert categories instead of giving *.

Hope thsi helps!!!!

Regards

Gaurav Ranjan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Muniyappan,

In my below settings -

sxmb_adm->integration engine configuration then  Category : "Monitor"   only CCMS_MONITORING parameter is there with the value 1.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

sxmb_adm->integration engine configuration then  Category : "Monitor"   only CCMS_MONITORING parameter is there with the value 1.

do you have below parameters for monitor category?

ALERTING_IS_ACTIVE

ALERTING_TARGET

check with basis which alert they have selected during pi installation.

if they have selected alert framework no issues.

but if they have selected Component based message alerting then you have to do above mentioned settings.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Muniyappan

As i said that the above parameters are not present in my Dev system.

Can you tell me if we can have both the alert frameworks in place together?

And Also I tried adding these parameters in Dev system but it is asking me for the sub parameters which I dont have.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul Kulkarni

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

you can not have both alerting system. correct me if i am wrong.

You don't have to give anything for sub parameters. you just have to save.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My cureent configuration is as follows.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

add mentioned parameters in the link for abap and java stack.

restart the system. then test the alert.

give a try to this little R&D.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please check below note, if it could help.

Note 913858 - XI Alerting: Troubleshooting

Regards,

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Muniyappan,

I have checked for the alerting.target and the alerting_is_active parameters are eligible for my PI version.

I a on PI 7.3 and the system is not allowing to use the above said parameters.

Do you have any other suggestion to my issue?

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

you are correct. above mentioned parameters are applicable for only PI 7.31.

in the alert rule did you set check Suppress multiple alerts?

check the below tcodes.

SXMSALERT_ACTIVE_ALERTS.

restart any failed messages and check below tcodes for logs.

SXMSALERT_LOGREADER

ST22

if you want to start from the scratch check below mentioned note 913858. it has many steps to check.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Muniyappan.

I have checked the program, please find the resutls below.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have already mentioned that when I am testing the alerts using RSALERTTEST then the alert emails are getting triggered correctly, so there should not be any problem in SMTP and SCOT.

To answer the other question, I have directly developed into 7.3 and not in 7.1

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rahul,

It' strange to hear that all of sudden  3 systems stopped triggering alerts. Can you please check the SMTP settings in PI whether is any chnages have been made.

Hope this helps,

Pavan

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Did you create your alerts in 7.11? after that your system was upgraded to 7.31?

in dual stack have you done below required settings? check if it helps you.

http://scn.sap.com/message/14137335#14137335

Regards,

Muniyappan.