cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure email notification for SolMan ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Right now I'm trying to configure email notification for SolMan ChaRM.

As far as I know, every changes in Change Request and Change Document suppose to give email notification.

But I can't seem to find any generated email from SOST.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you done the proper setup?

please check and correct as below

if you are in sm 7.1 follow spro activity Approval settings.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thank you for your reply.

In your links it mention how to customize actions to trigger email notification.

Is there any standard workflow in Change Request and Change Document that send email automatically ?

Thank you.

BR,

Carroll

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caroll,

http://scn.sap.com/message/14232212

Check this link Jansi also responded there to similar requests.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carrol,

Follow suggestion from Prakhar also remember scot setup is client specific if it is setup for client 000 you can send mail from client 000.

Test from OS telnet mailservername 25

If you can connect your server should be emailed for email then only SCOT configuration is necessary.

Kind Regards,

Johan

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To send E-Mail automatically, you must:

1. Set up SAPConnect
    2. Set up a periodic job for SAPConnect

Thus once you configure above email for standard action are triggered and seen in sost

See SAP notes 455140 and 455142.

Further for more status values if you want can create action like Jansi already mentioned.

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thank you for your reply.

I think you misunderstand my question. Email is not triggered at all even the SOST list is empty.

Is there any standard wokflow in SolMan ChaRM that trigger email notification every time the document status is changed?

Thank you.

BR,

Carroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not see standard workflow however here is detailed SDN doc that explains how to configure it is this maybe what you are looking for?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d06db8e2-5036-2c10-1a97-dee1364fc...

Or I have seen people adapting this to your scenario:

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Your link has confirmed that to send email notification it is needed to do some customization in action profiles.

Since our agreement is to deliver a standard design, I don't think I have to apply this customization in our SolMan.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Carroll.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Caroll

Just to clarify further

SAP doesn't provide an email which trigger's email on each and every status to any specific person/partner/group

but you can configure email action to trigger emails either automatically in the background or manually ...so its a choice and based upon your requirement you can configure that

In addition to Johan link, you can also check the standard automatic support team determination rule which triggers an email automatically to support team whenever a new ticket is created and assigned to them as it is based upon support team partner

thus you can create as many actions as you want but by default it is not provided.

hope this clarifies and helps you achieve it

Regards

Prakhar