SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No long text Budget exceeded error in ML81N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While posting service entry, we get the budget exceeded error all right but the message does not show the account assignment elements involved like commitment item, funds center. There is no long text it only shows the amount of budget exceeded. How to display the account assignment elements as end users do not have FMDERIVE trace.

Regards,

Satan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Found that it is the standard behavior of the system. To get the FM account assignments for which the budget is exceeded we need to activate TRACE in FMDERIVE and check, there is no other option.

Regards,

Insomniac.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the message number? Is it by any chance a consumption of EMF (commitment, reservation)? In this case, FM address is not mentioned.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

It is the same message we get when budget is exceeded for payment budget. I cannot double click it to find which for which combination of commitment item and funds center is the budget exceeded.

The issue is only in case of service entry. In other scenarios like MIGO- when payment budget is exceeded we get a message at the bottom and if we double click we get the combination of commitment item and funds center for which budget is exceeded,

In case of service entry system shows only one line where we cannot find the combination.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you send the message number, though?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I cannot get the message number since I cannot click to go into the message details.

However it is the same message issued when budget is exceeded in other cases like F-02.

I think it is FMAVC 005.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satan,

During SES postings, inheriting the FM account assignment comes from reference PO is the standard and expected behavior, So, Please check the setting in OME9, might be a case that Commitment Item anf Fund center is hidden, if this is the case please make as display. Then you can see the FM account assignment during the SES.

Regards

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Found that it is the standard behavior of the system. To get the FM account assignments for which the budget is exceeded we need to activate TRACE in FMDERIVE and check, there is no other option.

Regards,

Insomniac.

Hamza_A_Khan1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have your issue been resolved if yes then how?

I am also getting the same error while posting SE , there is no long text it only shows the budget exceeded by amount x . I cannot double click this to find out details about account assignment elements, as you can see below in the attached SS.

Hamza_A_Khan1_1-1709203679233.png

Please help