cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training and Courses Offered for NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to understand how any company implementing NWDI is using it's existing resources for the new roles that NWDI offers. I am wondering if existing BASIS resources are trained in NWDI? Or is it the web admins, who currently manage a plethora of other servers like plumtree, oracle etc..?

My last question is, are there any trainings that SAP offers specific to NWDI administration? Or is it a part of any other training?

Thanks in advance,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's another course

ADM 225 SAP Software Logistics for Java

Message was edited by:

Thierry Dagnino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

if you're looking for a course for your administrators (SAP Basis group) ADM225 is exactly the right one (I was there myself - it would have been great if that course had already existed when we first set up NWDI, they tell you lots of stuff you will need to configure your system properly).

If you do not have any experience using SAP java systems, ADM200 is good to learn the basics.

Hope that helps.

Cornelia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rich for the information. I see that the course talks about some advanced concepts of NWDI even though it primarily focuses on NWDI usage for Java development.

Does anyone have any comments on my first few questions other than the training one?

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are are currently putting the JDI in place and assigning roles within our organisation to support the JDI.

In our case, the BASIS should support the JDI platform. They also create and setup the development tracks so that the right version of software components will be used. They will also manage the runtime systems.

For the management of the development lifecycle , several roles are documented in the guide "How To ... setup NWDI Permissions and Roles" .

Have fun, Thierry