Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different FX rates used for one commercial invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

Needed your suggestion.

I created commercial invoice on 21st June. The FX which was fetched from OB08 table was the latest available.Usually daily FX rates are loaded at the end of the day so the commercial invoice picks the rate from previous day when it is created.So its 20th June.It takes this exchange rate and invoice is created.

Then when exchange rate is uploaded for 21st June, and we open the billing document in change mode, invoice gets updated with exchange rate of 21st June.

Hence the output taken Before uploading the new rates and after uploading new rates differ.So we end up having two different output for the same invoice.

This is happening because we have Pricing type B in copy control VTFL.

Solution we are thinking is change the pricing exchange rate type in the billing copy rule. Currently is blank.

Do you guys have any other solution to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hence the output taken Before uploading the new rates and after uploading new rates differ.So we end up having two different output for the same invoice

I dont think so.  You may need to check your smartform what logic is written to fetch the billing value.   Moreover, there are three exchange rates flow in billing document, viz.

1. Exchange Rate for Price Determination (field VBRP-KURSK)
  2. Exchange rate for FI postings (field VBRK-KURRF)
  3. Exchange rate for Condition Currency (field KOMV-KKURS)

and can you please let me know which exchange rate you were talking about.

Nevertheless, whatever copy control you have, it should not affect the exchange rate for the existing billing document.  You can also have a look at the following note

• Note 1481238 - How are different exchange rates (Price, FI postings and Conditions) determined in billing documents

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Lakshmi,

In addition to what you have mentioned, there are a few cases, where i have seen "Two different Exch Rates" for condition currency (KOMV-KKURS) in the Price condition detail.

Could you please explain that?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let me know the technical field names for those two fields

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

KOMV-KKURS - 29.78

KOMP-KURSK - 31.14

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to T-Code VTFL (Delivery to Invoie Copy Control) & select your Delivery & Invoive Types. Then select the required Item Category & go into details screen.

Here you have options for PricingExchRate type. You need to select the option here as per the requirements. The available options are:

Copy from sales order

Price exchange rate = Accouting rate

Exchange rate determination according to billing date

Exchange rate determination according to pricing date

Exchange rate determination according to current date

Exch.rate determination accord.to date of services rendered

I believe the setting of D (according to Pricing date) or E (according to date of services rendered) will be appropriate.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I had thought the same solution as i mentioned in my question earlier.  I was looking for any other alternative.

Thanks,

SAP SD Learner