Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion/cancellation/ageing of po's

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is Ravi Kiran. Am SAP-BI/BW consultant. Here I would like to discuss My requirement that related to SAP-MM.

We are getting data from R/3 to BW. Then we used to upload data to informatica and then users prepare reports

and see through a interface called "MAXI".

My requirement is :

Topic: cancellation / deletion / ageing of PO's.

After a first brainstorming with "MAXI" business, there seem to be 2 options to 'out date' PO positions.

PO's will only become outdated implicitly after ALL positions became outdated.

Please confirm.

Option 1: Delete Position.

<<Find attached picture>>

--Cannot be reversed.

- on MAXI gui the affected PO positions will have to be marked by trash bin icon as within R/3 (read only on MAXI(interface) side)

- how this deletion will be visible in the data MAXI receives?

- do we have to extend the current interface?

Option 2: Block Position.

<<Find Attached picture>>

--

can be reversed (unblock)

- on MAXI gui the affected PO positions will have to be marked by padlock icon as within R/3 (read only on MAXI side)

- how this deletion will be visible in the data MAXI receives?

- do we have to extend the current interface?

Please confirm and reply.

Is there any additional indicator within PO data to indicate ALL positions are outdated?

If PO's won't be updated since >2 years, they have to become 'invalid'=to be removed on MAXI side. As far as I see date0 will be the relevant data to check.

Please confirm.

Do you see any other scenario which I missed so far?

Many thanks for your support.

Br

Ravi kiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether the below answer helps you in any way.

The PO line items which are marked for deletion will have the indicator "L" in EKPO-LOEKZ and for Blocked PO line item "S" in the same field.

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Wat about X  value in the same field? this is also for blocking....correct me if am wrong.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have checked EKPO-ELIKZ = "X" which is for PO line item delivery completed indicator.

AmalaSrinivasa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

SAP does not set a X into field EKPO-LOEKZ,  Where you are checking, are you checking in table?

R,

Amala

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos
  • Generally  when the PO line item is marked for deletion ,then in Table- EKPO it will update with indicator "L".

Check whether the line item is blocked only so the indicator "X" is updated in the EKPO table..........

hi this above statement is correct or not...?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no,

if the line item is blocked then deletion indicator LOEKZ is "S"

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thnx......jurgen

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System updates the same field LOEKZ in EKPO table in both the cases but with different values.

If its blocked, EKPO-LOEKZ = "S"

If deletion indicator is set, EKPO-LOEKZ="L"

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

....and if the user enters a "X" in MEMASSPO then SAP automatically translates it to "L"

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the addition...Jurgen..I knew it...

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi jurgen...

EKPO is the purchase order line item table. It contains an entry of each material on a given purchase order.

Deleted purchase order lines are identified by the deletion indicator (EKPO-LOEKZ).

Whereas EKKO is the purchase order header table. Purchase orders that are deleted can be identified by the deletion indicator (EKKO-LOEKZ). it is important to note that deleted purchase orders will not be removed from this table.

plz reply me whether the above information is true or not?

Br,

Ravi kiran

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

Further, you can archive the Purchase order has Status in field EKKO-LOEKZ. Once the document is archived, you are no longer allowed to modify the Purchase order and it can only be displayed then.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, not fully correct.

A purchase order is considered deleted when all PO items have a deletion flag.

The deletion flag at header level (EKKO-LOEKZ) is only active if you are in the middle of archiving, just the deletion part of archiving is missing. Hence you can assume that such purchase orders will be deleted from the table very soon.

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thnx..jurgen.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i got the solution almost....But still i need some inputs that related to bw AND mm also.

thats y i want to open this post for two days after that i will close this thread. thnx to all genius consultants.......

Br,

ravi kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If table "EKPO" is showing right information, then it might be problem with your query table joining or with "Maxi".

Deletion indicator at purchase order concluded that PO has been closed.

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes  u r alomost ryt...Thnx for all.....I chked in Bw also...the changes from R/3 is captured By BW perfectly. problem might be with informatica joins only....i hav to chk with them....thnxxxxxx

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi abhi.. delivery compl.indicator is "ELIKZ'.  but i need to see LOEKZ in EKPO. am i ryt?

AmalaSrinivasa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

1.) As Ashok told PO line item will have status of block(S), hold(H), park(P), delete(L), Blank(Saved completely) each will be denoted with single character. In Standard system, A PO line item details not available can be kept as held, all details filled without error message can be parked. After parking it can be saved once saved you can only put block or delete both status are reversible.

2.) Have to confirm with business under which criteria/status,  PO's need to bring to Max interface. Check table EKBE for all PO line item related history details. Subsequent details like goods receipt, Invoice receipt or down payment will happen on the basis of Line items.  This table will contain latest transaction data corresponding to any PO line item.

R,

Amala

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot srinivas.......i will check accordingly.What you guys are telling is done at Our BW side.

All fields (deliv_compl indicator,deletions flags...etc) mapped correctly. i had a check in My BW prod. Data is populating with X for some items and L for some items. But For users they are not appearing. may be fault at their side.Who knows they  are designed logics and joins properly....

thnkssssss

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any inputs??? or it is not related to MM????