Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily EM 9.1 MOM

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed Solman 7.1 SP8 and have completed the system preparation and have installed a standalone Wily EM 9.1.0.2 and completed the basic preparation. But now our requirement is to have a Wily MOM and collector nodes concept as we have to connect prod and non prod environments.I can see an option in EM Admin to install MOM and collectors nodes.Is this the correct way and also Can I convert the already installed standalone Wily to a MOM or a collector node.Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think the version of Wily obtained via the SolMan download portal supports MOM; I believe you would have the SolMan Wily join the CA Wily MOM and that MOM would have the stats from the SolMan Wily server.

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the info.So it's not possible to setup MOM and collector EM's with an RTV version? Then in that case I have to connect all the systems in a standalone EM..Wont I have a scalability issue?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could be possible based on the size of your landscapes, here is what I currently have for a Dev/QA/Prod setup in regards to Wily:

Technical Systems = 50

Hosts = 110

DBs = 0 (DBA doesn't want SMD/OScol/Wily on the DBs)

Wily usage = 44%

Now if the full license is purchased from CA you have more flexibility to do something like MOM, however I can only tell you that your current RTV configurations are carried over (from what I have read).  If you already have a MOM in place for your company, it should be able to pull/poll for the data from SolMan's stand alone Wily.

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon, Karthikeyan - Yes, you can use the RTV version to set up an Enterprise Manager MOM concept. The instructions in the Introscope Version 9 Installation Guide from the SAP Service Marketplace can be followed to do this. Check the section "Enterprise Manager Cluster Setup". I would probably not try to incorporate the stand-alone version. Once you have your cluster setup, you will need to run the SolMan 7.1 Basic Configuration step to point to your MOM. Then you would need to run through the Managed System Config steps to point the system to new MOM. ONce you do that, the MOM will then decide which of your collectors the agent will actually get registered to.

I did this setup at our company on Introscope 8 and have since upgraded to version 9.1.0. I will be updating to 9.1.5 shortly as well.

If you have specific questions, let me know and I will try to help.

Regards,

Blair Towe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

I have a question on compatibility of the MOM and Collector. Can MOM have the latest WilY EM says 9.1.5 latest SP and the collectors are 9.1.0.2 or something like that? Would this work?

The reason Im asking this is that, my current stand alone Wily EM (9.1.0.2) already reaching a limit and we need to install another EM to support even more agents soons. However upgrading the current EM to the latest to be the same as MOM (to be installed) is quite a long shot as from what i read the Solution Manager needs to be on the latest SP and patch for the moment and we do not have that budget/manpower to cater for this at the moment.

For a quick win I was thinking of Install an MOM (latest Wily and patch) and connect the current standalone EM (9 SP 10) to this MOM (9 SP15) and have another EM collector either 9 SP10 or 15. Would this work?

Thank yuo.