Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice that gets file without receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I want to know if following is possible in PI:

Let's say we have a SOAP Adapter that receives some input. The input is basically only a path/filename of a file I want to have. The process shall get me this file and return it base64 encoded back to the requester. There is no receiver it is just a sync request for a file.

So basically it is: give me file X, PI looks for the file gets it and returns it.

My question is:  Is this possible ? A scenario without receivers?

Thanks in advance

Aleks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandar,

Your PI system can be the receiver here or you can make up a dummy receiver as well.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys the orignal question is answerd. I have an additional question, but I think i will ask it in another post.

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you trying to call this kind of lookup (So basically it is: give me file X, PI looks for the file gets it and returns it.) in another mapping  or System ?

My question is:  Is this possible ? A scenario without receivers?

As Amrish & Ashok said it's possible .

Regards

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

"Are you trying to call this kind of lookup (So basically it is: give me file X, PI looks for the file gets it and returns it.) in another mapping  or System ?"

Yes you are right I want to call this form another mapping in a lookup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above scenario is possible with both sender and receiver as XI.

And using ASMA, you can try to fetch the file from XI using NFS.

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok thank you for your answer.

I tried to implement such a scenario. Getting the file from a network (or local) storage is just one option. But what if I decide to get the files not via the storage, but from an FTP. I want to be flexible and to be able to change the way I receive my file. My idea was to use the apdater for that but that seem not to work.

The following diagram shows what I tried to do and shows maybe clearer what I am trying to do:

Something like this should be possible. But i am not sure if this is the way to achiev this.

Thanks

Aleks