cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing on Start Instance for SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SR1

kalpesh_pandey
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to install SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 on Windows server 2008 R1.  My instance is failing to start.  When I run r3trans -d then I get error that sapparam(1c) No Profile used. It says SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profle nor in Commandline. I did define user variable and system variable value of dbms type =mss for Administrator as I installed SolMan using Administrator users.  Any troubleshooting step would be highly appreciated. Please note this is cenntral instance where everything is on same machine. I am using MSSQLServer 2008 R2 as DB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below note for the error.

1860519 - SAP fails to connect to the database

Please check :

Start >Programs>Sqlserver 2005>Configuration toools>Surface area  configuration for service and connection

Click on remote connection  > select the option using both TCP and IP  and name pipes .

I believe you have installed Sql native client .

check also this thread .

SQL server login failed

Can you also login in the MS SQL studio and see if the database is up and running.

For the message

sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

Please ignore as per this note.

Note 32785 - sapparam(1c): No Profile used

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can you also check note this as in the screen shot DB name is blank "".

Note 1684408 - MSSCONCHECK: Cannot open database requested by the login

Note 128126 - Database connect for external tools

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

kalpesh_pandey
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to all. Below is what I did and checked.

1. Env variables are set as expected in the SAP note for user <sid>adm.

2. Enabled all TCP/IP in SQL server 2008 R2 configuration

3. I am able to connect to DB and run query using windows authentication.

4. When I try to connect to DB using <sid>adm user then I can not.

5. I executed the command given by  Billy and it is returning 0000

I used same pwd everywhere. so when I am trying to login into SQL Server Mgmt studio using SQL server authentication for <sid>adm then I am not able to connect. Why this happened and what to do to fix this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you change the priority of connection Service manager of SQL.

Please check the below blog.

Note 806925 - SQL Error 4064: Cannot open user default database

Are you able to login with another user like sa or any other user you would have added during the installation of MSSQL. Hope you are giving the host name and the database name in correctly as some times thats the issue.

Note 592514 - MSSQL: internal database users, permissions and security

1645041 - FAQ: Microsoft SQL Server logins and their usage in SAP environment

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using the default kernel and jvm 4.1 that are installed as of Solution Manager?

In the MMC, do you see any entries that you could post for review?

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

Could you please provide dev_disp log ? where error is coming .

Also you have mentioned OS is Windows 2008 R1 . Did you check if this OS is supported in Installation Guide . Because I checked there is only Windows 2008 R2 . Please check latest supported service pack is applied in OS also.

Thans

Manas Behra

kalpesh_pandey
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks you Billy, Rishi and Manas. One Issue was C drive going out of space. I did implement other solutions I found on net. I have all documented so when I reinstall I will confirm what was the real fix.

Now I am trying to generate Installation Key for ERP 6 IDES. I see on web to use SMSY but on my SolMan 7.1 SR1 I see Product System and technical System. I right click on both but can not enter a new system. It takes me to another screen to use  Landscape Management DB. It opens a web browser which is not working in my case. So not sure how to generate installation keys for SAP ERP IDES.

kalpesh_pandey
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add that I checked C drive space previously also and it had 1 GB remaining so it is more than just out of space. I also hard shutdown the dispatched and started it manually almost each time installed tries to restart it. Once it is green after 5-10 mins then I will start installer and move ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below steps to generate the key.

GOto SMSY and then click on Select object just next to the filter button.

Then enter any system SID that you have in your landscape and click on the key button. Just add new system sid hostname and system no in the next screen and generate the key.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As @Kalpesh stated SMSY is not available to him.

For the LMDB it behaves in the same method as the SMSY method.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the DB online?

The reason your r3trans -d doesn't work is due to not also supplying the profile the code should look like:

\usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3trans -d pf=\\servername\sapmnt\SID\profile\default.pfl

If that still gives you errors about failures, ensure that you are running the command as the SIDadm user account.  It will still report no profile used, but the last part should report all zeros "(0000)"

kalpesh_pandey
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you all. I could generate the Key. I  will now follow this to install SOLMAN in other env.

Thanks,