cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PO when shopping cart value is less than 500

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

there is one requirement from business , that is whenever the total value of the shopping cart is less than or equal to 500MYR and vendor is known, (after approval process) , system will auto create Purchase Order.  If the vendor is not known, system will create a Purchase Requisition in the backend eventhough the value is less than or equal to 500MYR

By standard, system does not check what value is it in the shopping cart as long as the information in the shopping cart is complete with vendor and price, and in the customizing we configure that the purchasing group will create PO , backend it will create a Purchase Order.

Last year, Purchasing do not want the free text shopping cart to create Purchase Order and as far as I understood, in EBP,  there is no such thing that is able to separate free text and catalog shopping cart since the business object is the same.    So I make use of the standard SAP standard customizing.

Thus, at that point of time, I played around with the authorization object (role) and remove the " Supplier"  so end user will not be able to enter the supplier in the field and end up system will create a Purchase Requisition for Free Text shopping cart.

Now, with this requirement, it seems like I need to put this field back in for end user to key in and only able to show when the total value of the shopping cart is less than 500 MYR.

Does standard has a solution for this requirement.

Kindly share and thank you in advance.

Rgds.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tong ,

By config their is no option available to control follow doc creation on approval based on SC Amount. this can be archive by BADI BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE ( Determine Target Object in BE System)Implementation

Thanks

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Sharad.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to avoid field "supplier" in shopping cart, you can move the documents to sourcing cockpit, where purchaser will need to add supplier manually.

BAdI BBP_SRC_DETERINE can be used to check if shopping cart should be moved to sourcing or not.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

thank you for your reply.

however, we do not want user to manually input vendor if it is >500 MYR.

if shopping cart total value is > 500MYR, shopping cart should create a PR backend document.  If user manually key in supplier, then automatically will create a PO.

thanks and regards.