cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Billing - without End Customer Invoice F2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need help in Intercompany Billing Process.

In the Standard SAP Intercompany Billing process, both the intercompany Invoice and End Customer
Invoice appear simultaneously
or one after the other, immediately after Delivery and PGI.

The business requirement is that in an Intercompany Billing scenario, only the Intercompany Invoice IV must
follow the delivery and PGI and the End Customer Invoice F2 must be prevented and suppressed and must not appear in the SAP system. It must not appear in the Billing Due List as well. End Customer Invoices will be handled outside SAP system and will not be connected with SAP .

How do I handle this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor

Hello,

please try to use an item category with billing relevance TVAP-FKREL = 'D'

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IVANO,

I like your "creative" suggestion!

Thanks!

Intercompany process in standard SAP uses item category TAN. This item category has A (delivery related billing) as its billing relevance.

If you change the billing relevance to D (Proforma) then do you think the intercompany process would work?

As intercompany billing document too is being created with reference to the delivery (this is connected with item category, billing relevance = A).

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

if they want to create ONLY IV invoice,and NOT F2 invoice,  then the delivery must not be relevant for billing, but only for intercomapny billing.

Technically sepaking, the delivery item should have VBUP-FKSTA blank and VBUP-FKIVP = 'A'.

If FKREL = D then VBUP-FKSTA is blank.

If FKREL is not initial, and deliverying company is different than selling company, then VBUP-FKIVP = 'A'.

This would result in the desidered process.

With your suggestion, to remove the copy control, the F2 invoice cannot be created, but the delivery will always appear in billing due list, and won't never be completed.

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IVANO,

Thank you for your post!

I did not understand the below statement

If FKREL is not initial, and deliverying company is different than selling company, then VBUP-FKIVP = 'A'.

What would be the value of Item category, field Billing relevance here?

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T W

I would create a new item category to be used for this specific process, and set TVAP-FKREL = 'D'.

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IVANO,

Thanks for your post!

Could we consider to have TVAP-FKREL = Blank.

And build in the logic (as you have mentioned) for intercompany, VBUP-FKIVP = A ?

This way,  for the selling to external customer (F2), the possible of creating proforma invoices would also be eliminated.

As the requirement is to not have billing document (F2) at all in the SAP system.

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

to prevent the creation of proforma invoice, I would simply create customizing copy control for that specific item category ONLY for the IV invoice.

In this way there is not need to implement custom logic.

In my opinion it is the easiest solution.

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IVANO,

Thank you for your posts! These helped in learning!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivano,

I am just curious.. as far as know, in IV invoices, a few PA segment data are derived from the F2 invoice created before that. If an IV invoice is created without F2 wouldnt it affect Account postings due to missing PA segments?!

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Well said by Gobinath.

Not to forget the COGS postings and making sure that you have tracking in the other system to make sure that there is no reconciliation issue with respect to transactions and sales between the systems.

Thanks.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gobinath, D Sea,

Using t-code VF01, user can create IV billing document first (and later F2). In that case how does billing doc (IV) have the required information?

Thanks!

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My questions are more on the disjointed process where we have to factor in certain events - Cost of Goods sold and managing reconciliation issues with respect to transactions and sales between the systems.

I do not see any easy solution. Wish I could easily help.

Thanks. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about the AR postings.

But since we use EDI to post automatic AP documents through IDocs,  i have seen, in any case where an IV is created without/before F2 invoice, Idocs will fail and AP document will not be created.

To fix this, we have followed Note-607799 and also some custom programming in the Idoc Function module.

former_member229531
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gobi,

I'm facing exactly same issue and implemented OSS Note 607799.but still i can't process AP invoice using EDI.

We are creating sales order,delivery,PGI and Inter company billing.no customer billing is created for this process.

Can you provide some more details on Idoc function module changes.

Thanks,

Anusha

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In this case ,dont maintain F2 or F1 in Order related Billing and Delivery related billing in that Sales Document Type and dont maintain Copying control b/w Sales Document Type and Billing Type then check by running one cycle and let me know ,how system is treating you .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vego,

As you mentioned the standard document flow for Intercompany is OR>LF>F2, IV

Futhermore, the bill to external customer (F2) should not be done in SAP.

For this the copy control setting between LF>F2 can be removed, in t-code VTFL.

Note: If the business uses the same billing type and delivery type for other processes, then do NOT do the above.

Alternately, if you have the opportunity to configure new document types for this intercompany process then you can use the above suggestion.

In my opinion the above suggestion is the most suited considering the business requirement (of handling the bill to the external customer outside SAP system)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See SAP Note 38501 - Intercompany billing before customer billing document.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

pd: see also SAP Note 308989 - Consulting note for cross-company transactions, question I.1.2

Message was edited by: Eduardo Hinojosa