cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC problem with layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a form in Visual Composer. When I change the layout of the various labels and text boxes (say for instance i place them in the centre of the page in the layout view), when I deploy the model all the text boxes and labels move to the top left of the page in a linear format. Does any one know how to resolve this issue so the labels and text boxes stay where I put them? I am using EP 7.0 2004s.

Thanks,

Nick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to the form, right click on it, select "configure element". Now go to drop down box "align contents" and select "absolute".

Best regards,

Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benni,

Tried that and it did not work. Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nick,

does this issue occurs with every VC model. And can you give us more information about your VC version and so on?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Yeah it happens with every model. My VC version is 7.0.

GML version: 700.10.0027

Client Version: 700.10.0.1

VC server version: 700.10.0.1

Flex version: 700.10.0.1

Portal content version (HTMLBKit): 700.10.0.1

Portal Connector Version: 700.10.0.1

Thanks,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

do you use flash in the compiler options?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Flash has never worked for me so I have always used webdynpro. When I attempt to use Flash I get the following error:

Error in compiling Flex application (1). Consult log file for details

I cant consult the log file as it is not set up. Any ideas why I get the above error or do I need to see the log file for more info?

Cheers.

Nick

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nick,

I am also somewhat new to VC. As far as my experiences are concerned, when we use flash to deploy, there are many instances when the model fails to deploy, and <b>Error in compiling Flex application</b> message is displayed.

Probably webdynpro as a deploying tool tolerates minor wrongdoings, and the application successfully deploys most of the times. But flash is i guess more sensitive, more unpredictable.

There are times when sometimes using flash, the application did not deploy, and i deleted some of the things and made them again without any changes, and the application deploys.

Most of the times, when this error comes, i make some slight change in the model, and it starts getting deployed.

As far as webdynpro is concerned, i am unable to find a solution to your problem.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks any way Ankur. I will try making slight changes to my model to see if it works with Flash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

you can enable the flex log file in Visual Composer:

<a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/EnablingFlexerrormessagesinVisualComposer">https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/EnablingFlexerrormessagesinVisualComposer</a>

I think you use WebDynpo and that's why all your inputfields and so on are on the left top corner. Enable the logfile then we go to the next step to enable you to compile with flash.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Followed SAP note 886209 which solved the problem. I can compile in flash and my iViews appear as they are meant to on the screen.

Thanks for the assistance.

Nick.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nick,

Go to <b>Tools</b> -> <b>Options</b> -> <b>Compiler</b>

and change the <b>Runtime</b> to <b>Flash</b>. Now deploy and check whether it works fine.

Reward points if it helps.