cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI RFC's Failing when connected to message server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

This question is stumbling me since months.

I am configuring ABAP proxys from SRM system to PI system.

under TCP/IP connections i have created two RFC's as registered server programs.

Our PI system has one central instance and a dialog instance and load balance happens through message server. All these are installed in one cluster.

when i connect these two RFC'S (LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI) from SRM system to PI using PI message server then RFC fails, though i added entry of PI sapmsXYZ 36XX /tcp in services file.

but when i enter Central Instance of PI in SM59 above RFC'S works perfect and hence proxys.  Fails only with message server.

when RFC'S dont work with message server then load balancing doesn't happen between two servers and only one application server takes the load, which is not good.

Below is the error i get when i connect using PI message server.

Error Details    Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=17 thRc=2

Error Details    ERROR: SAP gateway connection failed. Is SAP gateway started?

NOTE: Other RFC'S works fine connecting with message server only these two RFC's fails.

Please advice , is this the good practice? these RFC'S work only with CI and not with message server?

your advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Is your PI system a PI High Availability set up? See note 1052984 Process Integration 7.1 - High Availability, which discusses how you can achieve load balancing with the ABAP proxy server.

Create additional destinations for serving connections from
external business systems (needed in case ABAP XI Proxies are
used in these business systems):

-  LCRSAPRFC_<SID>_SCS
   use settings from LCRSAPRFC_<SID>, but change
   Gateway Host to <scs virt. host>
   Gateway Service to sapgw<SCSinstno>

-  SAPSLDAPI_<SID>_SCS
   use settings from SAPSLDAPI_<SID>, but change
   Gateway Host to <scs virt. host>
   Gateway Service to sapgw<SCSinstno>

Start the destinations after you have saved them.

Note: the LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI destinations have corresponding destinations on the Java side (JCO RFC Provider service). If you make a change in trx SM59, you must make the corresponding change to the destinations in JCO RFC Provider.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark,

yes ours is a HA setup.

thanks for the SAP Note. it helped us to check what went wrong in existing config.

it worked for us.

Thanks,

Kiran

Answers (0)