Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache DB data creation on SMP server for testing

paskal_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mobility experts,

I was wondering, if you don't have a SAP/backend system, is there a way to directly manipulate the cache db on the SMP server to create tables and dummy data out of and then create MBO's out of for testing purposes? If so, would anyone be so kind enough to provide some documentation, or links, or advice on how to do this please?

Regards

PS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

paskal_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gents,

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I sort of misworded what I was trying to ask. What I meant to ask was, is there a way of creating data and tables in sampledb and then creating MBO;s out of those? So can I create a table and then populate it with my own data that will pertain to the app im creating?

Thanks again,

PS

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi PS, This s quite possible.   U just need to create a sql file with all parameters details and data value to an existing proj in wrkspace. For more details plz check link provided by midhun.  This link contains many sample project. Here u ll find  project containing sql file. Rgrds, Jitendra
midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUP is carried with sample database. You can make use of this DB for the development of test apps.

There are a lot of sample mobile applications available here, which are developed using the sampleDB.

Again for tutorials you can go here, which are based on the sampleDB.

Hope these help you.

- Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Paskal,

I am not understanding your query... i am wondering how would you create MBO without any backend?

fyi.. sybase mobile SDK provides its on data tables. you just need to connect sampledb and you can access available tables and create mbo accordingly.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Also you can create tables in sampledb database, but if you create you own database (using default connection) then after server restart you will see only sampledb.