cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details needed to use SAPSETUP export / import

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to locate detailed examples using the export/import features of SAPSetup.

See SAPSetup Guide 9.0, Version 9.0 2013-04-04 page 11

Section 3.2 - Administering an Installation Server

Import Products

Use this feature to add new SAP front end components to an existing installation server

for distribution over the network.

Export Products

Use this feature to export SAP front end components available on one installation

server to another.

I have current version of SAPSetup 9.0 patch 36 installed.  As well SAPGui 7.3 patch 5.  I have successfully created single-file installers and used them.

The details are missing how to setup and use Export/Import.  I have other SAPSetup Installation Servers and would enjoy the ability to export/import components to them.

Other like examples would be greatly appreciated as well.  There are times when using a Single-file installer to upgrade a Win7 PC from SAPGui 7.2 patch 0 or patch 12, or SAPGui 7.3 patch 4 to patch 5 the following message is generated.  Your system does not fulfill the prerequisites for the chosen components: Not all package prerequisites are fulfilled.  SNC Client Encryption:  SNC Client Encryption cannot be installed, because Single Sign-On software is already installed.  Channel Encryption Part:

I can click "Next" button and the install starts and completes with no errors.  How can I determine which like errors of "prerequisites" will occur, or what is the best method to upgrade?  I have over 3000 Win7 SAPGui clients, some at 7.2 patch 0, patch 12 both with Bex 3.5, or 7.3 patch 4.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

This is almost exactly 2 years to late. Just had the same problem wasted 30 minutes of my time to find the fix.

When you run the NwSapSetup.exe on your frontend it creates the following directory and logs.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SapSetup\LOGs log files named NwSapSetup.log.

Within this I searched for SNC and found the entry:

15:41:22 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script SCE SNC_LIB: Checking if environment variable SNC_LIB already exists

Went to my windows systems variables deleted SNC_LIB and was able to proceed past the error.

Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment variables-> Systems Variables (in this case)

Just answering this in case anyone out there has this random error.

Kind Regards,

Johan