Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async SOAP-to-File Scenario with modified SOAP response

gerald_kilgus
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a async SOAP-to-File scenario, where the sender does not recognize the empty SOAP response which PI sends back by default, as a valid acknowledgement.

Consequently the sender will resend the same message many times, because he never gets a "valid" response.

We cannot influence the behaviour of the sender, so I was wondering if there is a way to modify what PI sends as response by default.

The requirement would to send instead of an empty SOAP Envelope

something like:

<Body>
<acknowledgement>true</acknowledgement>

</Body>

- We don't want to use BPM here, as it would be an oversized solution for the issue.

- Another (smaller) solution would be to use the RequestResponseBean to build a sync-aysnc

- But I am wondering if there even smaller solutions, like just inserting an appropriate Module into the SOAP sender channel.

Gerald Kilgus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

I don't think PI sends any acknowledgment for a SOAP scenario and it is dependent upon the sender service (WSDL). I do remember the web dispatcher can be used to send a response back and you can check with the Basis/Infrastructure team if they can do some tweak.

Cheers,

Ambrish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

I am not sure how RequestResponseBean will work as its Sync-Async and not Async-Sync. You also dont want to involve BPM. You can try to write the file within UDF. Like

Sender SOAP (WSDL Structure) ----> UDF (Write File & handle exception) --> Receiver SOAP (Acknowledgement Structure).

Below document is a sample how to read a file from UDF. You just need to change it to write.

Before implementation do proper testing to check how the code is behaving.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xi/file%2blookup%2bin%2budf?bc=true

Regards,

Nabendu.