cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Delivery Quantity Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to work in a standard way to the system check the minimum delivery quantity and after many tests I could see somethings that does not met with my customer requirement.

The first thing I did it was configure the item delivery category changing the field Check Minimum Qty to "B" = with error message.

After that I went to the material and include the minimum quantity in the sales org1.

When I was doing my tests I could check that:

If I have a underdelivery tolerance in the customer master data the system will check first this rule and will ignor my config above only giving me a warning message.

So here to my config Works the customer will have to delete all customers underdelivery tolerance and include all minimum qty in the materials and this is a very hard-working to update all these master data.

My question is:

Is there a possibility to the system check the minimum quantity based on the underdelivery tolerance but giving to me na error message and no a warning message?

Another question is that I could see that the error message when I use the rule above (without underdelivery tolerance and with status B and minimum qty in the material master record ) happens when I try to create a delivery. IS there a way to receive this Error message when I try to do the picking and not to create the delivery? Because here this happens in diferente times.

Thanks

Marcos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcos,

Can you please briefly explain your issue by giving imaginary example, i.e., What will be your order quantity, how much under delivery tolerance or over delivery tolerance in sales order, for how much quantity you do want system to allow to create delivery or to allow to do picking....?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik

Let´s suppose that I have 1000 Kg in the sales order and the underdeleivery tolerance  in the customer máster data is 20%.

So if I create a delivery with less than 800 Kg the system will give me only a warning message even if I have configured in the delivery item category (letter B) for check minimum quantity.

If I want to have an error message I need to clean the customer tolerance and include the minimum quantity in the material máster record or in the customer material info record.

My question is if there is a possibility to have na error message without using material máster record or cust.material infor record and only use the underdelivery tolerance form the customer máster data.

Thanks

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

You don't have any choice. See what SAP help says:

Check minimum quantity to be delivered

Specifies whether the system checks the minimum delivery quantity, and, if so, determines how the system reacts if the minimum is not met.

Use

You can specify the minimum delivery quantity in the

The value you enter in the Check Minimum Quantity field determines whether you receive a warning or an error when the minimum quantity is not met. If you leave this field blank and have specifed a minimum delivery quantity, the system gives you a warning anyway.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcos,

I have tested the functionality of "Check minimum qty" (with Underdelivery tolerance) it works OK (as it should)!

1. In the Customer master record, put Minimum delivery qty = 500 (any value can be put)

2. You may give Underdelivery tolerance = 20% (any value can be put)

3. Create a sales order with

case A. Qty less than 500

With option B error message, in your delivery item cateogry, in 0vlp

Delivery can not be created.

See screenshot -

I had set minium delivery qty = 50 PZA

case B. If Qty greater than 500, then delivery can be created.

Note: (From my understanding) Underdelivery tolerance is not connected with the "Minimum delivery qty" functionality.

Answers (0)