cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deviating info in SRM backend and SRM WEB GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! SRM4.0.

I have a user which in ship-to address (both default and at item level) has a value in the field "Region". This, however, is only the case via the WEB GUI, and not when running the txn. from SRM Backend (bbpsc03)! I am not able to find any BPs with this region-number either, not on any BPs in the system!... any suggestions?

If I remove the Region from default setting or item-level, it populates the number back to the field automatically.... Also checked SU01 etc.

brgs dag sigurd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am aware of the ship-to attribute, but this is not used for this org./user, and I would guess that it does not explain why it is correct in SRM Backend, but wrong (region number present) on the SRM WEB GUI .... ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>SRM is basically used for Web purpose. Lot of external sessions are created for the same user for data tarnsfer between SRM <-> ITS <-> SAP.. and so forth..

There is concept of Memory access - which is achieved by lots of function modules and lots of macros execute to transfer data requests hence and forth. Basically these are created for Web purpose.

Even if you logon to SRM GUI for say any transaction say BBPSC01, it's user interface is very complex and difficult to work while any user who is not having much knowledge of SAP can easily work on Web browser.

All the Services are created as Easy Web Transactions instead of Professional User Transactions in the case of SRM in order to access them easily via eb Browser.

I am not sure, In SRM GUI, incase it's not working might be due to any bug or some wrong OSS note / Configuration issues in your system when working via GUI.</b>

<u>Better to raise a message with SAP to get insights on this issue as well. </u>

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>I don't think it's a bug. It's standard functionality of SRM.</b>

Which SRM version are you using ?

<u>Based on the user attributes maintained at the Organizational Plan (PPOSA_BBP), the ADDR_SHIPT attribute picks up data. This attribute holds the unique Ship-to-Address address number. Based on this number, it reads the datat from ADRC (Address Master) Table and again populates the region code for the user.</u>

Incase you face any issues, please let me know.

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my SRM50 system, the region code is not mandatory.

It should be a bug from your system...

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

forgot to say that as soon as you have selected a region code, you cannot reset the entry unless cancelling the whole address !

In the drop down list, there is no empty value for region code....

Kind regards,

Yann