cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.2 Production server licence type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm installing our production server and could't decide which licence type I should choose.

The Licence product edition is Enterprise Server but in Licence Type I'm not sure what to choose.

What is the difference between a CPU Licence and an application deployment seat licence? which one should I choose?

Any help would be great,

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Lucía Cianelli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This might help you,

http://enterprisemobilityblog.com/how-to-update-license-in-sybase-unwired-platform-sup-2-0/#comment-...

License models,

Evaluation

Allows you to evaluate Unwired Platform for 30 days. A license file is not required.

Unserved (local) license

Standalone license managed locally by the host.

Served (remote) license

Standalone license managed by a license server.

- Midhun VP

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I am trying to generate the SUP 2.2 license from SAP Marketplace -> Keys & Requests -> License Keys.

In that link, it is asking for System ID. What that System ID is?

And we have to install SUP Runtime in one machine and SUP SDK in another machine. In such case which license(Served/Unserved) I have to use? In this case, which machine's Host ID I have to give to generate the license?

Thanks in advance.

-Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam,

Could you explain what "SUP SDK in another machine" means ..? Are you referring to the client install or splitting the server install to 2 servers ?

Thanks,

Chandra

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run the command "ipconfig /all" in a DOS Command Prompt on the machine where you are going to install the SUP server. Provide host name and physical address as Host Name and Host ID respectively and generate the license.

Served license is nothing but the license will be present is s sysam server instead of keeping in the same sup server and unserved license will be kept in the same sup server. And it is not dependent on the Sybase sdk. If you don't have a sysam server to keep the license file means you can go for unserved license. It depends on your requirement.

- Midhun VP

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Midhun for clearing my doubt on Served/Unserved licenses.

We have downloaded the SUP 2.2 software setup from the SAP Market place.

As mentioned in the SUP Installation guide for Runtime, I logged into the SAP Market place and have followed the procedure given in the "How to generate the license keys for SAP Sybase products" from SAP Marketplace -> Keys & Requests -> License Keys. In that procedure, it is asking to provide the System ID. What this System ID is ?

Shyam

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Provide the physical address as the system ID.

- Midhun VP

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Midhun,

In the license generation form, they mentioned that "The System ID must be exactly 3 alphanumeric characters, starting with a letter A-Z".

Means can I give any System ID?

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam,

Just to simplify, system ID can be the one which you use in SAP Logon properties of the particular server connection.

e.g. PRD for production system.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mithun,

http://enterprisemobilityblog.com/how-to-update-license-in-sybase-unwired-platform-sup-2-0/#comment-...    

The above URL you have mention that is for SUP development server whats about production server

actually in production server license file MC value is not there only PE=EE;LT=CP is there, then how to update license.

For development server-

PE=ED;LT=DT and MC=20

For production server-

PE=EE;LT=CP  only, no MC value is there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lucia,

First Thing, for Production License you should use Sysam license Server which is freely available and maintain SUP Production License there and while installation of Server selection option Served license.

Second thing: While generating license select CPU.

Please match the following parameters after creating license:

VENDOR_STRING=PE=EE;LT=CP

Please refer for more information.

sap marketplace and help for License Keys.

Regards

Saket