Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying the last publisher name in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your help on the below issue.

We want to known  is there any provision in BI 4.0 to come to known the details like "who had done the  last modification of the IDT"

We had checked in audit details ,the required details are not audited.

In the IDT as shown below,when we kept the mouse pointer to any IDT,it showing the last publisher  name  and published date.

But the problem here is published date is showing correct and LAST PUBLISHER name is showing wrong.

BI 4.0 version is SP4 patch5

We require your help on  this issue.

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

Have you got any chance to check it query builder.

SELECT SI_ID,SI_NAME,SI_KIND,SI_SL_LAST_SUBMITTER,SI_SL_UPDATE_TS FROM CI_APPOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND='DSL.MetaDataFile' AND SI_NAME= 'xxxxx'

xxx - represents your .unx universe name

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manikandan,

Thanks for the response.It's really helpful to me

can you please tell me what's difference between SI_SL_UPDATE_TS and SI_UPDATE_TS  columns.

Where can we get the columns definition for the tables - CI_APPOBJECTS

Regards,

Vinay

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Good catch. Whenever any change in Semantic layer it is captured in SI_SL_UPDATE_TS and the SI_UPDATE_TS will be updated when the universe is exported to repository.

You cant get the column details of any of these virtual table (CI_APPOBJECTS, CI_INFOOBJECTS, CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS) as they are virtual and the columns will be generated on the fly whenever the object of interest is queries from Query builder. I would suggest you to get familiarize with Query builder by reading the below blog and it's series.

BusinessObjects Query builder - Basics

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manikandan for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

I have verified it for few universes on SP4 fp7 and it was showing up correctly, seems like its something to do with your version of environment.

Is your Client tools version in sync with BI Platform server version.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mallikarjuna,

Thanks for responding the query.

Regards,

Vinay