cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add side panel in a SAP standard FPM application ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working on MDG which is heavily use FPM for UI.

I would like to enrich the display and add a side panel to display the attachements lists (from standard role SAP_BSSP_ILM_SIDEPANEL)of business partner (supplier) diplayed in MDG.

I work on NW 7.31 and side panel is working for transactions, so configuration look right.

I've been looking into SDN forums but nothing help me on how I can enable the side panel link in the BS_OVP_SP configuration( or copy of configuration) related to the standard application BS_OVP_BP.

I'm wondering if I start on the right level on the application or configuration...

Also, the strange thing is that BS_OVP_BP_CBA configuration of component BS_OVP_BP has a setting enables about side panel and use the configuration id "/BCV/SIDEPANEL_20" so why I can't see it ?

I also read the FPM includes natively the requirements on web dynpro side to add a side panel, so I'm looking for the correct way of activating it.

Does anybody already tried to add a side panel in a standard SAP FPM application ? ca you share with me your experience?

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre, I have not done it in a standard, but in a custom.

This code needs to be in the IF_FPM_GUIBB~INITIALIZE method of your feeder class to activate the side panel (use the relevant code depending on whether you have an OVP or other floorplan):

ls_ri = lo_fpm->get_runtime_info( ).

CASE ls_ri-floorplan.

WHEN if_fpm_constants=>gc_floorplan-ovp.
      lo_cnr_ovp ?= lo_fpm->get_service( if_fpm_constants=>gc_service_key-cnr_ovp ).
      lo_cnr_ovp->set_side_panel_link(
        iv_text = lv_text
        iv_tooltip = lv_tooltip
        iv_active = abap_true ).

WHEN OTHERS.
      lo_idr ?= lo_fpm->get_service( if_fpm_constants=>gc_service_key-idr ).
      lo_idr->set_side_panel_link(
        iv_text = lv_text
        iv_tooltip = lv_tooltip
        iv_active = abap_true ).

ENDCASE.

(example extracted from demo class CL_FPM_GUIBB_TEST_TAGGING_LIST used in application configuration FPM_TAGGING_TEST_OVP from demo package).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gabriela

Uli_42
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello together,

i am not getting this to wok with the /BCV/SIDEPANEL_20 in a OVP FPM.

All the layers in bcv have ben set, in a feeder at initailization the sidepanel-link has been added.

Also the Conetx_key has been set to my conext Key, Meaning is defined and added to the appropriate field in ATS-List as Tag.

2 Problems:

1st: BCV-content :  sidepanel opens and shows assigned Overview, bu the assigned Query is not even called. ( Consistency check says the Query view would) not be assigned to a query, but it is. Only , i idn't define a search group yet ).

( Update: Wrong assumed way of function. Yoeu need to select a Line  and  manualy refresh in the side panel o Show the actual data.There is  no built-in refresh )

2nd: As soon as i add the code to add the Side panel Link , i always get misleading errors when i open the List in configuration (pretending, there would not be a calid component descriptor. Removing the side-panel leads to normal function ).

Any Ideas, what is wrong?

Kind regards,

Ulrich

p.s. forgot. i followed mainly:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-11905#

Message was edited by: Ulrich Becker Text change and update of the actual situation