cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS Alert Monitoring: Container Resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I need to configure alerts when the order quantity exceeds container storage capacity. I have done the following:

a. In the PPDS alert profile, I have checked the following alerts:

Maximum quantity exceeded

Minimum quantity not reached

This alert profile is added to the overall profile.

b. In the resource view, I have declared the resource as container and entered maximum and minimum limits (lower limit = 10 KG, upper limit 20 KG):

c. In DS board, I have loaded one order with quantity 100 KG in the same resource, but when I call up alerts there is nothing displayed:

Any clue why this is not working? Has anybody faced such issue?

Thanks

Snigdho

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snigdho,

Can you please check if you are getting the alerts in the alert monitor transaction AMON1 ?   as the alert which you are talking about cannot be displayed from Planning board.

For more details please check the note 532018

Rgds,

Kiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have tried AMON1 as well.. but still no alert generated.

I was thinking whether conceptually am I right.. when we consider resource as a container with minimum and maximum storage level, do these get compared with the order quantity? Or do these parameters are compared with some other parameters in the order (which I may not be aware of). The reason I am asking this is, there are different dimensions of storage capacity e.g. mass, power, pressure etc.  which can be used for storage purpose.

Let me know if my approach is correct.

And thanks for the note. It was indeed really helpful.

Snigdho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snigdho,

Did you set up your container resource based upon the information in Note 498223?  The resource has to be tied to a storage location in ECC and only goods postings change the storage quantity.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thanks a lot for your help. This is indeed very helpful. I have gone through the note 498223 where it says:

The stock of the storage location in R/3 corresponds to the actual fill level of the resource with

storage characteristics in APO.

I believe this means I would be able to monitor fill level only after I do the goods posting. However this was not my requirement. I wanted the system to throw an alert when the operational quantity of the planned order exceeds the storage capacity of the resource. This requirement cannot be addressed by this alert it seems.

Thanks again for your inputs

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snigdho,

I had run some scenario with Storage (Container) resources sometime back and it is possible to monitor the alerts you are expecting from the DS planning board. The scenario is like this.

It is a process industry scenario using Master Recipe.

We have to create a storage resources in ECC and we have to link the storage location to this resource.

In the master recipe, we have to assign this storage resource to the raw materials and define the product flow ID.

In APO, after transferring the PDS, maintain the master data Product Storage Deifinition.

In the Container resource maintain the minimum and maximum values.

Create order for the material, which uses the container resource more than the maximum quantity.

It displays the alert in the DS planning board "Max quantity exceeded"

Please let me know, if you are trying to achieve same kind of scenario.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is great!

Yes I am trying to achieve the same thing. I believe we can assign multiple container resource to the same storage location, and works with PPM as well..

Let me try the same .. and get back to you...

Thanks a ton!!!

Snigdho

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your help. Will test this and close the thread ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Manimaran,

I have followed the steps listed by Manimaran and it works well for me. This thread can be set to Answered.

Thanks,

Sree

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Snigdhodeep,

In planning board it only displays alerts with an order reference, you can view the alerts in alert profile....

Regards

Debashis