Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PO when SC total price is less than 500

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Recently, business has a requirement.

The requirement is whenever the total value of the shopping cart is less than or equal to 500MYR and vendor is known, (after approval process) , system will auto create Purchase Order.  If the vendor is not known, system will create a Purchase Requisition in the backend eventhough the value is less than or equal to 500MYR

By standard, system does not check what value is it in the shopping cart as long as the information in the shopping cart is complete with vendor and price, and in the customizing we configure that the purchasing group will create PO , backend it will create a Purchase Order.

Last year, Purchasing do not want the free text shopping cart to create Purchase Order and as far as I understood, in EBP,  there is no such thing that is able to separate free text and catalog shopping cart since the business object is the same.    So I make use of the standard SAP standard customizing.

Thus, at that point of time, I played around with the authorization object (role) and remove the " Supplier"  so end user will not be able to enter the supplier in the field and end up system will create a Purchase Requisition for Free Text shopping cart

Now, with this requirement, it seems like I need to put this field back in for end user to key in and only able to show when the total value of the shopping cart is less than 500 MYR.

I do not if standard has a solution for this.

Anyone can share ?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

You could implement BADI BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE.

This BADI has all the application data available to determine what type of object to create in the backend.

In the CT_ITEM structure you can give the object type you want to generate in field PACK_OBJTYPE (BUS2012 for PO, BUS2105 for PReq).

In this BADI you can also separate on CATALOGID in the item table (empty means free-text).

Regards,

Robin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could use a BRF Workflow functionality for that.

Start own Workflow in case SC to be approved or start transfer immediatelly without approval (via selection of Workflow SCHEMA).

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implement this badi "BBP_SRC_DETERMINE".

And if your sc amount is > 500 myr, set  sourcing  = 'X'. Thus it'll go into purchasers worklist for further processing.

else, PO will be auto created as per the setting.

Regards,

Karthik Babu.