cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel expense form shows mileage flat rate as receipts paid by company

Former Member
0 Kudos

The travel expense form shows mileage (e.g. 180km = 54€) as "travel flat rate" and in addition as "sum of receipts paid by company" (please refer to the attachment). This sums up to 108€ as total cost of trip while the real cost is only €54.

I am looking for the customizing option to prevent the system from calculating "sum of receipts paid by company".

Any hint is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Just to confirm I understand the problem:

It's 54 Euros only and they are double-counted, right?

Are they to be reimbursed to the employee or are they classified as paid by company, because it's a car-pool car or so?

And: are the captured in the "normal" way in the km field and then calculated by the system or did you create a receipt type to just capture the sum?

Kind regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

you are on the right track.

There is only one item, the 180km travel in a private care and the expenses (54€) calculated as flat rate need to be reimbursed to the traveller.

It's captured as milage km, considered as "normal" an then calculated by the system.

No receipt with expense type has been added to the report.

And the problem is the "double-counting" ...

The total cost of the trip 108€ does not seem to be correct.

Best Regards,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm,

unless the form config itself is queer, this almost points to some inconsistency in receipt type config.

The only ideas to check I have right now are:

- Make sure the receipt type for mileage (e.g. FAK) has no entries in T706B4_ALTERN - it should be T706B4 only

- Make sure that field PAUSH = P and FIRMA = blank in T706B1

check the tables directly with SE16 or so - not with the customizing views.

kind regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Sorry I didn't understand the question correctly, I thought you had a receipt expense type as well as the flat rate mileage.

I agree with Sven, please check to make sure that no one had made any changes to the form but also check the table mentioned by Sven above most important through SE16, check that there is no X for your mileage expense type (flat rates) for field Paid by Company (tech field name FIRMA) - see screenshot below.

Basicaly I have just reverberated what Sven mentioned above  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

even that the solution was related to wage types you pointed me into the right direction:

As you mentioned I checked table T706B4 and found the following note in the F1-help for LGARL:

Please remember to assign paid receipts and advance types VORS and VORK their own respective wage types. In other words, wage
types which you have assigned to paid receipts may not be used for other expense types.

For the same reason, wage types you have chosen for an advance type (VORS or VORK) may not be used for other expense types.

I am stilling missing account information from our Finance department but added paid expense types but assigned existing wage types for non-paid expense types.

This must have somehow caused the problem on the report.

Changed wage types and now the report ist correct.

Thanks a lot,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

thanks for your help as well.

For a detailed explanation of the solution please refer to my last response to Sven's answer.

Best Regards,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for feeding that back to me. Although I think I never had used the same wagetype, I can't claim to have conciously used this definition. So, seems one can be lucky for more than 15 years with some things 🙂

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

The total cost of the trip of €108 is correct becuase that is the actual cost of the total trip and this is standard functionality. If you don't want the cost of expenses paid by the company to be added to the total cost then you have to make changes to the travel expense statement (form). There is no where in customizing that you can define whether the paid by company cost cost doesn't get added to the total cost of the trip.

Hope this helps.

Ankur