cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Invoice Cancellation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have an issue in the invoice. Though many threads have been posted on similar issue my problem is not solved.

The invoice F1 was created. The accounting entries were posted. Now the invoice is cancelled with type S1. Here the accounting entries are not generated. The error was Incorrect doc.no.: 90000474. Select document number between 6000500004 and 6000599999.

This is because of the number range miss match in S1 document type and FI. I understand that the S1 document type number range has to be changed.

But I will still not be able to release it to accounting and the customer balance will still remain. Kindly let me know how I can cancel it and change the customer balance. Kindly help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check number ranges for SD documents in tcodes VOFA (for S1 and F1) and the number ranges for SD documents.

After, see the type of FI document type in VOFA (usually RV), check it with tcode OBA7, see the range and check the ranges in tcode FBN1 (ranges for FI document)

Check also these notes

SAP Note 595327 - Determining a different number range interval

SAP Note 1670691 - New Number Range interval valid for previous years

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

The number range has been changed for the S1 document type now. But still the accounting document is not generated for the cancelled(s1) document. So the customer balance will still be the same and will not consider the cancellation. How can I release the S1 document for accounting now.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Run tcode VFX3 for the billing doc S1 number.

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Its the same error still

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, let me know the technical name of the error message

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the Posting status of this billing document on Billing Header - Header ? Is it Posting Doc not created or Error in Accounting interface? have you cehcked the Revenue account determination by click on the Revenue accounts icon on VF03

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check carefully the point 5 of the SAP note 1259505.

Depending on whcih kind of cancellation SAP does, the FI document is read from SD customizing or FI customizing. Then it is necessary the check the number range associated to both FI doc.types could be created by cancellation.

Best regards,

Ivano.