Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of Standard Error message in SRM Shopping Cart

vignesh_ramesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Im facing a major issue in which im stuck for past one week in

Kindly reply your valuable answers for my issue.

Scenario :     Create Confirmation for PO

The user needs to return delivery for a particular PO on the SRM Portal.

Once he clicks a button a pop up appears with Header,Item details of the PO.He clicks the any line item of that PO and clicks a std button Confirm Return.

If the user did not fill 'Reason for return delivery'  for the line item 1 then a std error message appears on the same screen

saying "     Line1 : Enter reason for return delivery.      ".

Change need to be done :

The client wants to add few more texts on the error mesage.

Issue:

The texts which the client wants are more than the std.length limit 72/73. So i created a long text to that std message id and it works.

But this is what im getting on the error message area,

Enter reason for return delivery. - Display Help(long text)

Line1 : Enter reason for return delivery.

As you can see there are 2 messages which is not as expected and im unable to solve this issue.

My Inference :

The first std.message is the one where i have added the long text and working and the second message is the std error message which is getting displayed for the particualt Line item.

For any  other error message it also getting displayed with "Line #".

For other messages with long text there is no duplication, but it happens for this message only.

The tooltip which appears on the error message displays the below mesasgeclass and id but this mesage its not displaying which is weird.

I tried debugging and check exactly where these error messages are gettig populated and found that its not happening on the  component but inside some interface method called.

It would be very helpful if you can find any relevant annswers.

Tech Details :

std.comp used  - FPM_OIF_COMPONENT

std.message class - /SAPSRM/PDO_CONF- msg id :101

Thanks and regards,

Vignesh Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vignesh Ramesh,

this is the standard design for messages with longtext and assigned to line item (SAP answer).

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (0)