Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I have a requirement to create a billing calendar as follows:

A new billing calendar starting from today's Date and valid until end of this year 2013.

Billing dates will be every months second & third weeks Friday and also the every months last day,

so there will be billing three times in a  month

Please help me with the config for the same

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member

I understood you want to schedule  billing your customer on second and third week and last day of month.

• go to Tcode SCAL define calender where these three days are working and all other days are nonworking.

• assign this calender to your Payer master data (t Code VD02), billing Document view , Field : Invoicing dates.

Important: Calender do not get transport as normel SAP change Transport.

If you transport calender then it cpoy all calenders from one to another system. It means that before changes your development system, quality system and production system should have identical calendar data. So make sure all of these system in sync, has identical data.

Then create new calendar in development and transport to other system.

You can use Ecatt to define calendar for whole year. Ecatt can save lots of manual work.

Let me know in case you have any further query.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Thanks for your reply.. I have attached a screen shot which shows the factory calendar that i have created along with the special rules where i have maintained the dates as thrice monthly

I have put this in VD02 and have tried creating an order for the same

Now as shown in the screen shot, i am getting the dates which are not what i have defined in the special rules.. it is different one..Am i going wrong somewhere? Am i missing some settings?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Ram

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram Sinha

First screenshot which you attached shows your query regarding Billing Plan, if this is the case then given solution will not work for you. Billing plan will require different solution.

I have given solution for case where you want to schedule your billing, means scenario where customer wants invoiced on perticular day in month say first monday of month instead of daily invoice.

Your second and third screen shot do not give me any idea what you want to do.

As per your query you want

'Billing dates will be every months second & third weeks Friday and also the every months last day, so there will be billing three times in a  month'

But screen shot show you are making all working day Monday to friday as work day???

In case your query is only to schedule  invoice for customer on perticular day then define your calendar accordingly and then assign it to payer master data.

Check below screen shot where I created calendar for customer who wants invoice only on Monday:

after this assign calendar to your payer master.  Now when you will create your sales order and invoice it for such payers you invoice date will change to monday.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Neeraj

As mentioned by you, i did create a new calendar Z2. I have attached this to the customer master as shown in the screen shot

Also in SCAL i have mentioned the other days as holidays and only the 2nd and 3rd Friday and last day of the month as a holiday as shown in the screen shot..

Now after doing these settings when i create a sales order, i still see that the dates are not according to what i want ( thrice monthly) it is giving incorrect dates

Apart from the configs that i have done.. in Sales and Distribution-  Billing plan- Assign Billing plan type to sales doc types. i have attached the 02 ( periodic Billing ) to my sales document types

Please suggest what else should i do to get the correct dates

Thanks

Ram Sinha

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram Sinha,

For Billing Plan system behaves differently. As per my earlier comments solution which I given that is for Billing schedule in normel sales order.

As per my understanding for billing plan you needs to assign this calender to your Billing Plant type.

Tcode : OVBI ,

But I have never used this for billing plan.

You assign it to  Billing plan type in Tcode OVBI  and let us know if it works.

Regards

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Let me know exactly what do to you want ? because if you dont want raise a invoice on some days then create Billing schedule calender ,in this maintain whatever you dont that days as holidays and raise a Billing in VF01 .In VF01 level ,you can get message from system .

or else let me know with on example ,I will configure and share here for you .

Note : Already Niraj has explained very well .All the best Niraj nice presentation.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you So very much Neeraj and Narendra...It works now..I was testing it in wrong manner earlier...as suggested, i created a invoice and checked the dates.. the system picks the dates as defined in the factory calendar as the billing date.. will get back in case there's something more..from the customer end

Big Thanks to you both for your help

Regards,

Ram Sinha

asha_prasanna3
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

Can you please check on this

Thanks

Ram SInha

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

We can very well accomplish this by standard way .See transaction OVR4.

If you want any details please let em know .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra,

I have created a new factory calendar through OVR4  and in special rules i have mentioned the dates on which the billing should take place..i.e I have inputted the dates of second and fourth friday and last date of the month for the entire period of 2013..( I have marked each of these days as  Workdays in special rule). Apart from this are there any setting i need to do for this.. how do i test whether it is working fine

Regards

Ram

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Fine .Now ,raise a Billing in VF01 and see ,how system is responding .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram Sinha

This is Milestone Billing Concept.

Please see the below link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1327589

Regards

Mohit Midha