cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any easier way to learn SQLscripting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any easier way to learn SQLscripting , the SQLScript guide shows bits and pieces of pertinent information. But not helpful enough

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd say there is no shortcut.

Having some PL/SQL or similar background might surely help, but it won't help with the part that is really differentiating HANA from the other DBs (leveraging CE functions, for instance).

If you can, get your hands dirty as often as possible, meaning, get any possible requirement you get to develop/showcase and implement it with SQLScript procs/calc views. When possible, also do it with graphical modeling, so that you have some performance benchmark you can compare against, so that you start to learn when to use which modeling strategy.

Best,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,

henrique

is there any exercise material available. like which schema do i have to use for practice?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not that I know of.

In the HANA Developer Guide, there are some samples.

There is also a SQLScript reference.

The HANA EPM Demo content (more details in the openSAP videos for the HANA1 course) also has some sample procedures & calc views you could check.

Best,

Henrique.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend watching some of the videos found on SAP HANA Academy.  Then dive in and experiment with creating your own basic script and just use the SQL guide as a reference. 

http://www.saphana.com/community/implement/hana-academy#working-with-data-hana-studio

-Patrick