Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Management

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I have a scenario where the base unit of the material is pack, every pack has a serial number.

It is being sold in packs only but the material in the pack are batch tracked.

But in case of return generally this material return in measurement unit numbers.

Now my client want that the base unit of the material should be Pack, which is serialized but at the time of return we can return it in NOS with batch number input. 

Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The sales scenario where "Batch materials packed in serialized packaging materials", will suits your requirement. Refer following SAP Help for your understanding & reference:

- Serial Numbers in Handling Units

The above mention scenario, will not have any impact on your individual batch material return scenario.

Cheers, JP

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

My client is not ready to follow HU process. What else can i do.

Thanks,

Abhinav

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that could have suited their requirement well. If you don't mind in mentioning the industry of your customer. In meantime, check BOM for this scenario.

Cheers, JP

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in telecom sector and i am talking about recharge coupons..

Thanks & regards,

Abhinav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think in your case you have to go with batch and serial numbers both. You have to maintain batch and serial number for your Nos unit of measure which may be EA. If you want to make return with EA unit of measure then there should be both batch and serial number but this is not a good way to control serial numbers. Convince your client for JP's suggestion or there is no other work around which comes in my mind after reading your requirement.

Thank$